Fast Xfi!!!

HighPSI

Staff member
Did a little playing around tonight with a beta version of the new FAST XFI box and am quite impressed with it so far. It has several new screens, inputs, and outputs that really allow you to fine tune it. I'll get Louie to take some pictures tomorrow and post 'em here in case anyone's interested.

Yes very interested, here also, but it better have everthing gen 7 has plus more......

Is this one sequential or bank to bank like the old one? Does it come with a WB O2 sensor? Is it comparable to the Big Stuff 3 (in price and performance)? I'm going this route soon and was considering my options. TIA...

Pictures are nice , but doesn't show the software features and improvements, show some sample screens. thanks

Originally posted by norbs
Yes very interested, here also, but it better have everthing gen 7 has plus more......

IMO, it does. But that is to be expected, since it's the newest release. I've had it running on my car and a customers car without any gliches. It has a bunch of inputs, along with several outputs (AC clutch, boost control, TCC, etc..)
FWIW: The LED's on the box act as noid lights along with a power indicator, cam sinc, and points output

Over the Holliday's I'll be testing the system along with several new turbos from PTE.

what is the differences between this and the older model Fast system? Is it more user friendly or just got more features? Educate the uneducated please.

It probably isn't any more user friendly than the old system. It has a LOT more features along with several new screens, variable scaling, etc..

They aren't going to be available for a couple months, so the cost is still up in the air. I have heard some very promising rumours, but wouldn't dare post them publicly.

ok pick a number:

1.$1000-1500
2.$1500-2000
3.$2000 and above.

All i know a gen 7 + box with software is under $1000 so in order to be competative it should be close.....

Originally posted by HighPSI
Did a little playing around tonight with a beta version of the new FAST XFI box and am quite impressed with it so far. It has several new screens, inputs, and outputs that really allow you to fine tune it. I'll get Louie to take some pictures tomorrow and post 'em here in case anyone's interested.

Hey Cal,

Rumor had it that the new XFI software would work with the old box. It wouldn't add any features to the old system, but would for example give a Gen7 like dashboard rather than the old text based dashboard in C-Com WP.

Can you confirm this?

Thank you,

Ron

norby: Perhaps none of those choices, for an equivalent box. I only know of a handful of GN's with Gen7's, do you have one on your car?

Ron: I tried that already, and unfortunatly it didn't work. I believe it has to do with the fact that the new ecu communicates much faster. Keep in mind, I am using a beta version.

I was pleasently suprised to find, that the software isn't that much diferent then the old stuff. If your one of those guys that just play with a few screens on the old system, you won't gain much. If your a hardcore guy that uses every screen on the current system to its full potential, you stand to gain a lot more with the new system.

Ron: I tried that already, and unfortunatly it didn't work. I believe it has to do with the fact that the new ecu communicates much faster. Keep in mind, I am using a beta version.

Oh well.... I guess it was worth a shot. Thanks for checking.

Ron

Yes, I did :) When you get down here, I'll be giving you a couple of things to take back with you. Give me a call at (321)863-2303 sometime. I have quite a bit of information you'll find interesting.