Fast XFI No Start issue..........

Cheeseburger

Hello, i have no injector/points leds coming on my xfi and it is not sensing rpm.
I am running a MSD crank trigger and distributor along with 7al II plus and msd coil.
Crank trigger/distributor resistance checked out ok, i also tested the coil and ignition and they checked out fine.
Spark LED does not light up on the ignition but checked out fine when tested via MSD troubleshooting.

I tested my XFI box on another car and the points and inj lights did come on.
I did have this setup running previously but the car became harder and harder to start and now it is a complete no start.

Where does the XFI get it's rpm signal from? The crank trigger or?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have already gave up and let the car sit for 6 months and would like this problem fixed!
Thanks in Advance,
Mike.

Ok, i figured out what the problem was today, the points/inj's and spark led's are now lit when cranking but won't start.
Now, i need to reset my distributor/crank trigger from scratch as i have pulled them out a couple times and lets assume they were not put back in properly.
I cannot recall or find my written paperwork on the distributor install from SCRATCH.
I have a general idea but since i did the initial install 3 years ago i cannot remember if i should drop in the distributor at 0 or 25btdc with rotor pointing toward number 1 and then how to get the reluctor lined up with the sensor........
Anyone able to walk me through this?
I see plenty of instructions online for marking and replacing an existing distributor but none if you are adding a distributor to a pre cam sensor setup.

Thank you.

Ok, i figured out what the problem was today, the points/inj's and spark led's are now lit when cranking but won't start.
Now, i need to reset my distributor/crank trigger from scratch as i have pulled them out a couple times and lets assume they were not put back in properly.
I cannot recall or find my written paperwork on the distributor install from SCRATCH.
I have a general idea but since i did the initial install 3 years ago i cannot remember if i should drop in the distributor at 0 or 25btdc with rotor pointing toward number 1 and then how to get the reluctor lined up with the sensor........
Anyone able to walk me through this?
I see plenty of instructions online for marking and replacing an existing distributor but none if you are adding a distributor to a pre cam sensor setup.

Thank you.

Are you using buick ignition strategy?

After working on the car for almost the whole day i have it running again.
Initial problem for others future reference was an XFI pin out that had backed out slightly.
Another problem i am having is the reluctor tab that is left on the Distributor.
The signal comes in at approx 130 degrees btdc and i could not get it any closer.
My reluctor is glued to the distributor shaft from MSD so i am unable to manually move the reluctor at 60-90BTDC and set screw it in place like others have.
I also changed the cam sync from 1 to 6 which helped the car idle better.
Going to give it a rest for the night but am going to check things over again with a timing light tomorrow........

Oh, for my own future reference... i dropped the distributor in at 25 degrees BTDC on compression stroke with rotor facing number one cylinder.
Installed the cap and marked my number 1 and locked down the distributor.
Would have liked to see the reluctor tab come in at 60-90BTDC but it was not happening, had to settle for 130btdc untill i replace the distributor i suppose.
Set the crank trigger at 50btdc with an approx air gap of 50 thou or so............
Still have to crank it over a while before starting, i'm assuming it's because of the reluctor signal at around 130btdc.............

Dist is fine where it is Mike,call me tomorrow and I will explain how to check to be sure you are right