FAST XFI Finally Getting Installed! Got Some Questions!

twstdv6

I have Plumbed in the WBO2 and Relocated the IAT. Didn't have many instructions in the Box! I have the Caspers ECU Adapter Module #108112 XFI To GN, which is simple plug and play. Is there any wires I need to Tap into to get going before I start the car or even power it on? I have also have Alky and 3 bar map sensor installed. I am unclear on the 3 bar map wiring it up or do i have to? and also I have no extension cable from the XFI to the map under Hood, I ahve been working on this since yesterday and i need to finish it up today and any Help would be appreciated! I am currently mounting the XFI and adapter box and would like to get it wired up, and fired up today.

ok lets see if i can help, there isnt anything you really need to tap into. as for the map sensor you either need this adapter CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc. GN-XFI MAP ADAPTER [108119] to get the map signal from under the hood since you already have a 3 bar map sensor for the alky. this adapter is going to capture the signal from that sensor. however if you dont have this adapter, and you have a second 3bar map you can run a hose inside the car from the intake to the 3 bar map for now till you can get this adapter. i run 2 map sensors on my car, yes its not needed but i run one for the alky and one for the XFI. hope this helps some, if need be send me a pm and i can talk to you over the phone. not much you can do but a temp rig for now.

Wiring Schematic

I am willing to bet you can get around that adapter if you wanted to.

The ECU gets a reference from the stock MAP I believe, so you have wiring in the harness to carry the MAP signal from the engine compartment to the ECU.

If you were to look at how the caspers wiring harness is wired I am willing to bet you can feed the signal of your aftermarket MAP sensor directly into the stock wiring harness.

If you go about doing this, just make sure you have the proper tools and a method to lable what you do. There is nothing worse than a rats nest for a wiring harness.

The stock ECU does not use the map,its only there for the boost guage on analog cluster cars. The only place to grab that wire inside is from the connector behind the glove box

Otto would you agree it can be done without the adapter?

I am pretty sure I am not using it, but I installed my system in 2006. So you can imagine the memory issues I am suffering from.

Thanks for straigtening out my mis post on the ecu reference.

I had to Run Wires threw the firewall to map to get going, then ordered the Map adapter harness, nice plug & play! Thanks!