FAST XFI 2.0 idle

sailbrd

Just started working with this system and thought starting with refining the idle would be a good place to start. Motor is stock internals, Hemco, 60# injectors, 3 inch downpipe, Precision 6360 BB billet turbo.

In my opinion this motor should idle at 750 rpm all day long with no problems. As set up it likes to idle at just under 1000 rpm when warmed up. So after finally getting a cable that works I started playing with it today. Pulled up the idle graph and pulled the idle rpms down to 800 in the normal running temp range. It did come down to 850 to 900 but not go any lower. AFR's are set at 13.5 but tend to run 12.85.

Any ideas for this.

Sounds like maybe your minimum throttle blade opening may need to be dialed in. Also make sure the TPS is calibrated and will go the full range from 0-100%. Make sure the actual idle tps% is below the max percent for idle(or whatever it's called) in the idle menu or else the throttle follower can prevent it from going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound like good ideas. To post the tune do you just attach the .gtc file you are working with. Please feel free to assume I know nothing about this.

Any post throttle blade leakage into the intake manifold area will cause a raised rpm. I've seen external leakage that's easier to find and also seen leakage from the crankcase. Any air entering the engine will effect the idle speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took 3/4 turn out of the throttle blade opening and idle is now 750. Next is to get rid of excessive cranking to start.