FAST WB02 tip

Roland Black

I recently had some problems with my WB02, and was saying bad things as I thought I was going to have to buy another one along with the calibration diskette. It would show AFR of 9.54, yet there was no cloud of black smoke behind me..... driveability was down also. The problem would come and go.

I pulled the engine compartment connector apart to check for corrosion, bent pins, just anything that might resolve my situation. Visual search resulted in nothing. I sprayed both connectors with wd40 before re-connecting the harness.

Upon fireup, problem was gone....... truck runs smoother, stronger, and spoolup is quicker, and it's been over a week with the same positive results.

For those that are having weird 02 readings, try the wd40. It just may help your situation.

Thanks for the tip. Out of curiosity, why WD40? I would think some dielectric grease would be better...

Obviously, glad to hear your problem is solved.

-Jeff

I dunno on the wd40...... I guess I was dissapointed I didn't find anything wrong inside of the connectors, and it was my way of doing something, even if it was wrong :D

It's still working great.

i am having the same problem, weird readings out of nowhere. WHen i put in the connector again its all well. The pins look ok also. Wonder what else we could use in there to make a nice connection. How conductrive is silicone grease?

BECAREFUL with any aerosol around O2 sensors.
ANY, silicone will poison an O2 sensor. Just spraying some on say some weather stripping yards away, a day earlier can leave enough in the air to kill one. Yep, they're that sensitive.