Fast-ecu not found

1000MileStylez

Black Sheep
I have a caspers custom engine harness. On the harness is grounds and 12V connections that are connected and i do get power to the fuseblock on the harness. There is 3 main wires i need to make splice. A red, yellow and purple wire.

The red is connected to a junction block with direct battery current.

The yellow is connected to the fuse block and is hot in start and run

The purple is connected to the purple wire on the column and/or the solonoid wire.

I bought the rs232 cable from FAST to make my connection.

I have a pci serial card in my computer with 2 ports. "No ecu found".

I tried a usb- serial adapter. "No ecu found".

When i plug it in on the serial port on the mother board i get a "No communication" error.

I have changed com port numbers to ensure that im using the right port number in setup.

So im thinking that the other connections are good ones and that it detects that something is there but i dont think power is getting to the ecu.

I bought this unit used from Cottens. I then sent this unit out to FAST to have them upgrade firmware and check it out etc etc.

Nothing was needed, unit checked out fine. FAST sent the ecu back to me with a clear bill of health.

I get power to all the wires. What else can it be????

Are you using the 9 prong connector on your laptop, or USB? Click on your FAST software and go under the heading communication, then scrool down to setup. Check your COM port and make sure its the same as the one that is intialialized on your laptop. You have to check your laptop connection afterwards, under your control panel. Click on device manager and make sure your port matches the port that is set up in the FAST software.

If your using a USB connection I had to configure mine to COM3 and I was able to make the connection.

Im using a desktop computer right now for setup. I have a thin client 12V computer coming in soon with windows NT connecting to a 12" touch screen. ill have to try what you said tomorrow. Hopefully that works. I tried switching the com port designations around in the device manager. Perhaps i didnt have the combination right, who knows. hopefully that fixes it.

well its 11:56 pm and i just went outside and tried to switch the com port numbers around. making sure everything matched. and still nothing. im running out of ideas here. this is driving me nucken futs!