FAST B2B program for 83 LB injectors

Turbo Loyd

Going forward with the E-85 project with 83 lb injectors for the turbo Regal Limited. Does anybody have a close program for these injectors for gasoline (for emergencies when I cannot find E-85) and one for E-85

Thanks

Regal Limited
FAST B2B system
TA-49
Terry Houston downpipe
Stock intercooler with Detweiler neck
Ported cast iron heads
224 - 224 cam (I know it does not fit the rest of the recipe)

Thanks Cal sorry I missed your call

Took my 42.5 lb program and modified heavily for the 83 lb injectors for gasoline to get the crank fuel versus temperature and afterstart enrichment versus coolant temperature closer so it would not drive me out of the garage right away.

Then took for a ride (somebody else driving) to to adjust for miminum correction for each VE cell vs RPM & MAP for the range we could hit. Got it running pretty decent for just driving around.

Then over the remaining 3.5 gallons of gaoline, put in 14.5 gallons of E-70 which is the local winter blend of E-85. Thus I have roughtly an equivalent to E-56 right now.

Since E-85 has a stoichiometric ratio of 9.7 to 1, (or 64% of 14.7 for gasoline), I scaled the FAST B2B for 65 lb injector flow rate for this fuel with the 83 lb injectors still in there to add more fuel. I'm assuming once I can get E-85 in the tank will need to scale for 56 lb injector flow rates.

The car ran fantastic on the drive home with this single adjustment. The tweaking by the O2 sensor on the cells in the VE table to keep the AF ratio close was about 10% with some cells a little higher.

I have attached the files GCT files for your examination. I know there is still a lot of tuning to do since all I have done so far is local city driving and freeway driving touching only a few of the VE cells.

Is this a decent start or should I scratch what I have done and go another direction. What changes do I need to do before hitting the dyno this weekend.

Here is the what I am basing my assumptions on at this point:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .A/F . . . . .Lambda
E85 stoichiometric . . .9.765 . . . 1.0
E85 max power rich . .6.975 . . . 0.7143
E85 max power lean . 8.4687 . . 0.8673

Attachments

• Loyd set up 83 lbs 4-15-2009 gas 1.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 38
under op parameters i see 6.50 degree crank reference ,
was this checked out with a timing gun ?
norm for dis is 10* , bhj balancer usually needs a little correction but 6.5* seems a bit extreme

i havent checked your alky gct but in the gas gct you have almost all the boost cells set to 22* good for starting point while tuning ve cells but for dyno you might want to be a little more agressive .

Thanks Paul

Made the adjustment and tweaked the timing table a bit. This engine before the FAST system did not like timing so this probably made this worse. I did find one of the 42.5 LB injectors was weak that probably contributed to it being knock prone.

I have made the following table to help me translate the A/F ratios that E-85 likes. Since the FAST B2B only shows the Air to Fuel Ratio table calibrated to gasoline you have to use this table to translate the target A/F for E-85 back to gasoline to put into the table. With E-85 more fuel can be added before it become too rich. A good friend told me "corn fed cars like lots of fuel"

Now that I have the A/F table set it will be time to get the VE table closer

If I am off in any of these assumptions/conclusions please let me know.

Attachments

• Adjustments to AF ratio.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 450
XFI vs B2B OOPS SORRY TO POST ON YOUR THREAD

I'm sure its been beat up here someplace, but, I couldn't find it. Could someone please tell me the difference as I'm going to take the plunge....
After I fix my head gasket....:mad:

Have expanded the Air Fuel ratio table to show our E-70 winter blend and target ratios.

Link to table developed as it is slightly larger than the pdf upload limit.

http://www.chicagolandbuick.org/pdf/Air fuel ratios for gasoline to E-85.pdf

Plus some of the E-85 experts may want to comment on the calculated changes to injector sizing to have the computer add fuel by it's sizing calculations rather than major overhaul of the VE table.

The dyno session went extremely well with the engine producing 391 hp at 22 lbs boost with the attached GCT file. I have to change the A/F and VE cells down low as it does not spool good now. Plus cold driving sucks right now

Attachments

• Loyd set up 83 lbs 4-18-2009 alch2.zip
    890 bytes · Views: 35