Fan Troubles

GotGas8668

I'm having a problem where the fan will not come on unless I put the ignition to run and then back off and then to run again. I've checked all the relays, doesn't seem to be the problem. I do have the high relay ran to a ground wire so that the fans run for about 10 minutes after turning the car off. This has been done for a long time, though. I did find on the main fan relay, that if I gorund out the red wire on the back harness of the two, that it turns on correctly. I'm thinking of grounding this wire permanently. Any other thoughts?

I feel like I should go ahead and post back on this. I found the problem, and fixed it. I just htink that my reply might be helpful to someone else that might run into this problem.

I had bought the dual fan setup from RamCharger. I also purchased the Buick harness. Our harness comes with 3 wires, the harness they send you has ports for 3 wires, but only 2 are used, ground and low speed. Since I was using the high speed always on bypass, I moved the wires on the harness they sent me to the highspeed terminal. This caused my fans to not come on when I turned the ignition on, but if I turned the key back, and then forward, the system gorunded the highspeed relay and everyhting worked accordingly. The problem was that when I put the wires to the high speed terminal, it bypassed the ECM from being able to see a low speed feedback. So, the comouter didn't see the fan, so it never turned it on. I made a jumper wire from the highspeed terminal to the low speed terminal on the new harness from RamCharger, and now everything works perfectly.

hey man maybe you could help me out with my fan it wont work either, and i cant figure out why not