Factory never used goodyear eagle gt tire for a Grand Natioanl

gnkid1987

i have a NOS goodyear eagle gt tire i have had it in my garage for a while and i want to get rid of it. it is a stock tire off a 1987 buick grand national that was never used it was dismounted from stock wheel. the tire still has the nubbs on the tread it has 0 miles on it you dont come across this every day it would be perfect for your restored gn

i have pics upon request i will upload them later

ok im crazy but its a nice tire with no dry rot and had been stored int of its inside for most of its life if you dont want it its ok.

How about THIS one?

Is MSNBC reputable enough for ya? :rolleyes:

Can tires weaken with age? - Nightly News - msnbc.com

Direct Quote Below

"The tire that blew on Bill Cartus’ antique car wasn’t worn at all, but it was 11-years old. “Somehow we hit something and the last thing I remember is that we were spinning through the air two or three times. I think there were some other eyewitnesses that could tell how many, and the next thing I remember is waking up in the car and the top was gone,” Cartus said. “No one has ever told me, well, you shouldn’t drive on those because they are old. They look great.”

Dateline NBC just did a special on "DOT date codes" for tires. After what I saw, I pulled my 20+ year old tires off my '87 GN. (that was stored in a heated garage for 16 years) Not the original tires, they were fried off within a year! But my DOT date code said they were made in 1989, no dry rot either, but after what I saw on that special, I wasn't taking any chances!

i put NOS Eagle GT's on my Hurst Olds from Dec 1991... no problems here and I aint sweatin it either.

Eagle GT's sucked from the get-go...and they're not date coded for your year, so why would you do that? I have a serpentine belt from 1988 if you want it. :biggrin:

my gn has factory hoses from 87 and they are mint but we all have opinons and this thread was for selling a tire not to bash on how ****ty or good what im selling is that is just very ignorant espically from people who know nothng about the field of tires but in his own mind he is an expert i guess. but yea i would use tires that are 50 years old if they look good and hold air why not?

That tire was cheap at $200. I have seen sets go for $1,100. They would be for a show car.The correct dates get you points. I would not go out on the highway and do 120mph on them. But for originality it looks good

my gn has factory hoses from 87 and they are mint but we all have opinons and this thread was for selling a tire not to bash on how ****ty or good what im selling is that is just very ignorant espically from people who know nothng about the field of tires but in his own mind he is an expert i guess. but yea i would use tires that are 50 years old if they look good and hold air why not?

I apologize, I wasn't trying to bash your items. Just didn't want to see anyone get hurt or have their "baby" damaged.

That tire was cheap at $200. I have seen sets go for $1,100. They would be for a show car.The correct dates get you points. I would not go out on the highway and do 120mph on them. But for originality it looks good

Agreed! :p That was my point exactly, but I shouldn't have posted that on his sale thread.

Good man. Stepped up and admited wrong doing. Appreciate that, very rare nowdays with all that testosterone flowing all over the place. You're a good guy. Stay that way.

Bruce '87 Grand National