Factory MAF bolt size

Only from memory - I would guess a 6mm. M6 x 1.0 thread pitch
I'd have to try.

Factory MAFs - uggghhhh

I was thinking the stock MAF went to an elbow before the airbox using a hose clamp???

I was thinking the stock MAF went to an elbow before the airbox using a hose clamp???

Thanks for the reply. I currently have a cold air kit so I was referring to a picture. It does attach to the airbox using hose clamps. The MAF has 2 threaded screw holes and I assumed they match up to the bracket on the air box. Is that not correct? At some point I'm gonna get over to my friends and look at his stock setup.

Only from memory - I would guess a 6mm. M6 x 1.0 thread pitch
I'd have to try.

Factory MAFs - uggghhhh

Thanks for the reply, I currently have a cold air kit with a LS1 MAF and a translator. I plan on keeping it that way. Someday way down the road I may decide to put the original airbox back in. The previous owner didn't have the stock airbox so I've been picking up the parts here and there.

Oh yeah, that thing. I forgot all about those. From what I recall that bracket was the culprit for vibrating stock MAFs to death back in the days before translators. It was found that the MAFs live longer when they're supported by the cold air kit instead of being coupled to the engine basically turned into a tuning fork.

To answer your original question, I would guess the bolts would be a metric thread since the stock MAFs aren't original to the 3.8 design, but I would caution against mounting it to anything that will transmit NVH into the unit. They're fragile enough as it is.

Oh yeah, that thing. I forgot all about those. From what I recall that bracket was the culprit for vibrating stock MAFs to death back in the days before translators. It was found that the MAFs live longer when they're supported by the cold air kit instead of being coupled to the engine basically turned into a tuning fork.

To answer your original question, I would guess the bolts would be a metric thread since the stock MAFs aren't original to the 3.8 design, but I would caution against mounting it to anything that will transmit NVH into the unit. They're fragile enough as it is.
Thanks. Thats great info. Makes sense. I guess the next owner will get a cardboard box with the original airbox parts :) I recently bought a mint airbox from Kirban on the side. I don't plan on selling it till I'm and old man anyway.