factory alarm experts?

87 Pete

My factory alarm will not work with the pass door open. The security light will not light when the pass door is open, hence it will not arm/disarm from the pass. door lock switch.

It will work normally when the driver's door is opened, and can be armed and disarmed from the driver's door.

I looked at the manual and it is pointing me in the direction of the right door jamb switch. It says there is a light blue wire that is the input from the right side door jamb. I removed the door jamb switch, and there is only a single white wire coming out of it. Where should the light blue wire tie-in?

Thanks.

Pete

There is supposed to be a lt blue wire(lock) and a black(unlock) wire coming off the door lock switch. The white wire is the "forced entry" trigger for the system, and is connected to the unlock side of the door lock cylinder switch, door jamb switch(as you know) and ground. You'll have to get to your door lock cylinder to access all that. Chances are good the switch has failed.

The white wire lights up the interior lights off the door jamb switch.

The other wire has probably broken off and is sitting back there open circuit which would cause that problem.

It's the same signal as the light blue wire forced input inside the door lock area itself.

Wires tie in at C599, light blue wires, cavity A, behind the ECM near the door lock relays and stuff.

Ground that wire and it should appear to be door open to the security system so you can arm it, that would be the test if you can't hook it back up easily.

Door jamb switch could have been changed/modified as well.

The white wire lights up the interior lights off the door jamb switch.

The other wire has probably broken off and is sitting back there open circuit which would cause that problem.

Thanks, that was exactly the problem! The crappy plastic connector broke off, and the blue wire was hanging back there. I tied it back onto the door jamb switch, and everything works perfect. :)

Pete