Facebook is crazy

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Its been about 4 years since I gave up my 67 Nova SS in trade plus $10k cash for my TR. The guy I sold my Nova to ended up selling it to another gent who lives in Michigan. Anyway, during the teardown of the vehicle he found an insurance card that had my name on it. He searched FB, found me and sent pics of the teardown. I am happy it's in good hands and maybe one day I can buy it back. That was my 1st car and it was very dear to me. When I was 15 I would sit in the drivers seat, pretend like I was drag racing, and listen to the music until the battery died. :( I miss that car.

nova2.jpg

nova.jpg

Thats awesome! I had a buddy that had the same thing happen to him. He sold his first car which was a 69 Camaro. Then 25 years later, he got a phone call from a guy that had the car. The guy contacted his parents and got Glen's phone number. Needless to say, Glen bought the car back!:D

That's too cool! I'd give almost anything to have my first car back..a '79 Z28.

My brother has been hoping the same would happen to him. He had a red 70 cuda with a 440 six pack, that he sold in 74. He has been kicking his a$$ ever since he sold it. Last he knew it was heading to California. He kept no records of the car at all, no vin or nothing. Had to sell it when he graduated from high school cause he was broke. Looking back, I told him he should have went hungry a few more days cause now he probably afford to feed is dog t-bones. If he still had It, I would have enjoyed going to car shows with him now with his dream car and with me with mine. BTW, from what I can remember of his car when I was little. I wouldn't stand a chance in my 84 gn. It was a nice car. If you like what you have, hold on as long as possible or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

My first car was a 1982 Datsun 810 station wagon...I don't miss it at all. :) Seriously though, that was pretty cool of the guy to go through the effort to track you down...car guys are like that.

i still have my 1st car a 71 pontiac lemans. i should of sold it and been a normal person instead of being involved in all this madness. this car lead to around 50 more just like it! which lead to 69-72 grand prixs which lead to 70-81 trans ams which lead to these damn turbo buicks which lead to tta's and more third gens which help lead to 442's and cutlass and monte ss' all these needed trucks to haul them and the parts around. i should of gotten into fishing or hunting or collecting stamps would of been a smarter move:frown:

I have a completely original '79 with stock motor and 15" tires, but I would like something that looks like a '79 Z28, but with big rims and something different under the hood.

I'm still thinking and saving for these ^_^

I like these kinds of stories. There's a local couple who went on their honeymoon in her new 70's era z28. Shortly after it was sold and they later bought another to restore. While looking for parts for it they found HER CAR, unfortunately it was in the middle of a stack of other cars, in a junkyard. They pulled that b!tch outta there and restored it. :eek: They had it at a local show with pics of it in the pile. I suppose I would do the same thing, if I ever owned anything worth hanging onto.

I'd love to find the original owner of my GN, just to let them know where it went. AND to find the d@mn window sticker :tongue: . I emailed the dealer it was supposedly sold new at and never heard back. The power tour runs through there this year (nashville) so I might stop in and see if they still have records from 87. OR '91, when it was traded back in there. With my luck they were probably cut during the bankruptcy and shredded them all. :rolleyes:

Thats awesome! I had a buddy that had the same thing happen to him. He sold his first car which was a 69 Camaro. Then 25 years later, he got a phone call from a guy that had the car. The guy contacted his parents and got Glen's phone number. Needless to say, Glen bought the car back!:D

That's funny, a friend just called me today and told me my old camaro was poking out a barn in homer, nebraska. It brought back "feelings";)
When I was 15 I would sit in the drivers seat, pretend like I was drag racing, and listen to the music until the battery died.
I still do that.:D

Yup, I've been doing that since I was 15:biggrin: all the cool cars I had never got finished...and I stay true to that to this day, LOL! I had a bad habit of buying every car I could afford that was cool:rolleyes:

thats awesome!

I bought a 82' Cutlass a while back just for the doors (had nice souther doors on it) had a 283 Motor in it that was supposedly all beefed up, and what not. Car was pretty rough, bought it for $900

I posted the car for sale on Craigslist and the guy who originally built the motor and had the car contacted me, we talked for hours on the phone, pretty cool. This was the first motor he built and was very happy to hear it was still running :D Ended up selling the car to a guy 5 minutes from my house who is a G-Body freak, has a TON of cars/parts, we've become pretty good pals.

The internet is a pretty cool thing, and never fails to amaze me!

Found mine back in 2009. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/303752-strange-found-my-old-car-story.html Just remember when looking at the pics, I had nothing to do with the godawful graphics on it.

Update is it is still sitting in my friends garage who has been hired to bring it back to life from the crap done to it by the guys that bought it from me. Friend hasn't touched it in a year. Need to hit the lotto and bring it home. Was almost thinking about contacting the guy who now owns it to see if he would hire me to put it back together.:D

I used to do that in my Dads 1970 Chevelle Malibu and his 280ZX :)

I a still waiting for the owner of my long gone 1986 WH1 to call me one day :(

On a side note, Terik how is your business venture going? Good i hope...

The goal date I have set for myself is June 1st to begin operating on my own. Right now I am forming alliances and aquiring as many business contacts as possible while I finish the build of my Suburban. I have most of the tools and just need a few odds and ends now. The biggest hurdle I am facing is California's restrictions on laquer based paints. Its really hard to find around here right now but I found a distributor who has every single OEM wheel paint on the planet. The downside to that is he is in England so shipping costs are gonna be outrageous. I am willing to pay the extra money for quality paint thats durable and matches OEM paint to the T. Other than that I have squandered a little more money in places that I shouldn't have lol ie wheels, tires, parrellel 4 link, panhard bar, bags and cups. Oh and I gave my GF 3K towards a BMW X5 for Valentines Day. Things are looking good and I will be up and running on June 1st. Whats funny is that I make more money doing weekend side jobs than I do in a week of work.