F body raidator?

they drop in

no oil cooler/transcooler provision - must add, generally a good idea anyway.

fit all year TR.

When I put mine in, during the winter I rarely saw temps above 155-160
Summer, 170-178 with fan on sitting in traffic. Highway cruising, 160

They do work good. They are cheap and pretty much a drop in. They have a trans cooler provision but no engine oil cooler. The lower radiator hose is slightly higher and you will have to bend your trans cooler lines a little to get them to match up.

so way lower temps,

and i dont run a oil cooler any way

is the trans cooler better as well or should i just run an external cooler or both?

i meant what year as in the 98-02 ls1 radiator?

i meant what year as in the 98-02 ls1 radiator?

It says in the link he gave you.

Hardware:

(1)F-Body radiator (Autozone part # 433918) NOTE: There are other manufacturers of this unit such as Modine and part numbers may differ at other vendor locations. When in doubt, ask for a OEM replacement radiator for a ’87-’92 Camaro.

Install went very smooth, the hardest part was dealing with all the fluid. The F-body dropped right in. I already had an external tranny cooler and I went ahead and deleted the oil cooler.

I still need to check and see if there are any bubbles in the system and burp it again but overall it ran much cooler. The hottest I could get it up to just sitting at a stop in drive was 182. With the stocker it would have no doubt went up to 200+, especially with the new Cottons FMIC.

Glad this came up. I swapped in the f-body radiator and my freakin temps are higher now than before :confused: . Anybody else have this situation? I am totally bummed that my stocker was cooling better than this one. Only thing different is the type of coolant I used, would not have thought that would have made a difference.
(Sorry to highjack your thread liv4gnz, but figured I might get a few others to reply on the subject)
By the way I payed $94.00 for mine at NAPA.

You must have a problem with your thermostat you should not have a problem w/this radiator

The highest I have seen was 172 on the Scanmaster with a Cotton's FM and dual fans. It is also lighter, gets weight off the nose. I will see what it does when it gets warmer and I am racing.

176 is highest i've seen i'm also running a prec front mount and using the tranny cooler on the rad ..waiting for the weather to get warmer to see how it does

Instead of starting a new thread...I'll revive this one and stage a hijacking.:D

I'll be picking up my F-bod radiator tomorrow from Autozone (ordered it today) and my dual fans and Cottons relay/harness kit are in the mail from G-bodyparts.com

Question....are the trans cooler line fittings into this radiator the same size as those on the OEM radiator?

Can the swap be done in two steps?
Change the radiator first since I get it tomorrow and then easily switch the fans when they arrive without removing the new radiator? It's fixin' to get hot here and I want to make sure the engine stays as cool as possible so I can run my A/C. So I'm tempted to swap the radiator as soon as I have it and then do the fans when they arrive.

Drove mine around here in Georgia on Saturday. Never saw above 171 degrees. That's with a front mount and dual electric fans.