f body radiator

buckbuick

what is a f body radiator and what would i ask for at the parts store to get one and does it have the stock oil and transmission coolers.

what is a f body radiator and what would i ask for at the parts store to get one and does it have the stock oil and transmission coolers.
The f- body radiator is from a 1987-92 Camaro I believe 5.7 liter. You will have to modify your tranny lines to fit or go with an external cooler, you can also mount an external oil cooler if you'd like. Alot of people don't put the oil cooler back on. You can get the f- body radiator for under $100.00.

what has to be done to modify tranny lines and why would someone not want to use the stock oil cooler?

You will have to bend the tranny lines some to get them in the exact position they need to be in, I believe the threads are the same.
Some people leave the oil cooler off, like I said, thats personal preference. Depends on where you live how hot it is, how you drive your car etc. etc. You ask some people they'll tell you it's needed, some people will tell you it's not needed, your call.

what has to be done to modify tranny lines and why would someone not want to use the stock oil cooler?

I assume he means the engine oil cooler. You hook up your trans cooler. The lines are in a slightly different spot so you will have to bend the cooler lines a little. There is no engine oil cooler in the radiator. Depending on the climate in your area you may not need the engine cooler. We don't use them up here in Oregon :)

I would not recommend bypassing the radiator trans cooler. If u r gonna use an external trans cooler, put it in line with the radiator cooler. The internal cooler is way more efficient.