F-Body Radiator?

rc1626

Looking to upgrade to f-body radiator. Checked Autozone online and put in for 1990 Trans-Am 5.7. Results showed two radiators. One was copper-brass core listed at $299.99 and the other was plastic and aluminum listed at $159.99.
Which one would I be looking to get?

I Googled the term "radiator" and found a few online radiator dealers which offered a rad. for same vehicle at significantly lower costs........approx. $110 - $115. with free shipping. RadiatorBarn.com

"ONE WIDE HIGH FLOW ROW, 15 FINS PER INCH, PLASTIC TANKS/ALUMINUM CORE CONSTRUCTION"
Description from RadiatorBarn.com

Part of me wants to think that maybe the Autozone rad. is of a better quality? But then again maybe it's not. Anyone have any info on this matter that may be able to help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Rob

I dunno if the 90s trans am is the same one, but the F-Body radiator that I got is from a 92 z28 camaro with the 350. It is a plastic end tank aluminum core radiator, it was about 150.00 at the autozone that I purchased it.

the aluminum will have better cooling ability over the copper. I am looking to do the same thing this week. are you using the F-body dual fan and the ramcharger dual harness?. IF you`r getting the aluminum/plastic rad make sure it have the oil and trans cooler. I know i will be using the aluminum rad since i have huge front mount.

I didnt think they made the aluminum and plastic F-body radiator with an oil cooler, I think its trans cooler only.

I've always read the autozone units were around $120 but I guess this shoots that theory all to hell. Check around to be sure. That 1" wide cheaper unit is thinner than the z/28 or GTA unit. So you'll want to have the slightly thicker unit. No Oil cooler of course in either. Run an external. I have a Permaflo unit that I use to flow both trans fluid and oil. F-body radiator was quite an improvement in cooling and weightsavings over my factory unit.

E-mail me, or give me a call. I have a brand new one for sale.........$105.00 Shipped!!!!!

Thanks,
Brett

Just looked at a-zone site,lists 92 z-28 and 86 t-type aluminum and plastic rad for both applications same p-number(433918).116 bucks!in new jersey.dont now if this helps but im interested too.

E-mail me, or call tomorrow. I have these radiators....aluminum with plastic tanks. You'll see our website listed on this board, as well as our banner ad.

At the moment, the website is in progress......will have a lot of goodies all of you guys will like.

Thanks,
Brett
SAVANNAHAUTOAIR@HOTMAIL.COM

bullnerd,
Just inserted your rad. part number above on the Autozone site and price was as stated earlier, $159.99. L.I. New York resident here. Funny that there would be a difference.

Brett and everyone else......thanks for your replies. As always, helpful info and much appreciated.
Rob

Yeah, i dont know dude ,maybe thats why they ask for z-code . try 08514 make sure i wasn't seein things.Im goin with savannah auto when i do order it.good luck. post install problems if any.
Hammer

SAVANNAHAUTOAIR i am interested in one of your f-body aluminum/plastic radiator with the oil/trans cooler. if the radiator one have one cooler i will still take it. I can alway install a oil cooler in the other tank. Do you accept paypal?

Originally posted by Bullnerd
Just looked at a-zone site,lists 92 z-28 and 86 t-type aluminum and plastic rad for both applications same p-number(433918).116 bucks!in new jersey.dont now if this helps but im interested too.

$116.99 on that part number down here in Florida, too.

SteveX,
At the moment, we aren't set up for Paypal. However, I can take a credit card over the phone. Give me a call if you wish.

Thanks,
Brett