F-body radiator question????

black84

I installed an f-body radiator about 4 months ago on my 87' gn. As everyone knows the f-body radiator does come with the motor oil cooler in it. Anyway I connected the tranny lines to the radiator and I believe that I connected the lines wrong on the radiator. I recently started getting tranny problems (will not shift thru the gears) and I believe it is because I connected the lines wrong. Can anyone tell me how the tranny lines go connected to the radiator. I would like to know in layman's terms what line goes to what hole in the radiator???

Thanks Andy

black84 said:
I installed an f-body radiator about 4 months ago on my 87' gn. As everyone knows the f-body radiator does come with the motor oil cooler in it. Anyway I connected the tranny lines to the radiator and I believe that I connected the lines wrong on the radiator. I recently started getting tranny problems (will not shift thru the gears) and I believe it is because I connected the lines wrong. Can anyone tell me how the tranny lines go connected to the radiator. I would like to know in layman's terms what line goes to what hole in the radiator???

Thanks Andy
i believe it is just for cooling and it can run either way,in-out,either way its just going threw and coming back out...check your d-tent cable,hold button in push all the way back and then push the petal to the floor...if your not familier with this i can give you better instructions, but im thinking your problem dont have anything to do with the radiator unless it wasnt flushed out or you didnt fill the tranny up after you started it...

black84 said:
Please advise on those instruction..
if you look by your throttle cable, next to the throttle body,on the drivers side..you will see 3 cables going to the throttle body,2 lower and one that sits higher above the others,that is you d-tent cable for your transmission...if you look on the side of that cable you will see a metal shinny piece shaped like a half circle,that is where you push with your finger,but first take your finger and put it on that cable where it connects to the throttle body,now slowly move your finger down that cable towards the rear of the car,you will see it goes into a black plastic shaped like a bullet...that is what you push in towards the rear of the car as far as it will go,while pushing in that half circle button,we discussed...now if it went all the way in,you did it right...now slowly push down your throttle,either by the gas petal or by hand at the throttle body...it will click a bunch of times,now it is set properly,you can always click it back once for a firmer shift...hope this helps your problem..if not you may have something stuck in your valve body in the tranny and it may need flushed and changed...