F.A.S.T. xfi wiring harness install help

cfish462

I'm finally getting around to installing an xfi unit. I am using a new wiring from fast. I started removing the OE harness and have run into some questions. The new harness completely replaces the original one right? Im kinda confused on the relays and black box (running to the fuse box) on the driver side, under the wiper motor. Where do these hook up to? What about the transmission cable hooked the main harness and the brown wires running to the power brakes? Also now where do i hook my tach and knock sensor to? any help would be great.

if your car is pretty much a street car with all accesories,Their is an adaptor harness tha lets the XFI plug directly into your stock harness.
If you are still gonna run your a/c,lockup convertor,etc...
this would be way easier.

If your building more of a race car and only want minimal wiring use the standalone hanress you have.

Call Holly Hartline and she will get you a jumper to your stock harness 321-722-1563

Well i already removed the ac/heater, the converter is wired to a switch in the ashtray, and this is mostly a weekend car, so i'd like to use the standalone. Plus i like the clean look of the engine with it. Thanks for the number, i try tomorrow.

You will need to completely remove the engine harness. The most efficient way to handle this type of job would be to get an engine harness from a n/a 84-87 Regal and remove the MAJORITY of the wiring from the bulk head connector. You can sell your turbo harness rather than cutting it up.You will need the wires that run to the starter (powers up the fuse box) , the purple solenoid wire and any other acessory you would like to retain. Makes for a VERY clean installation when done correctly.

i would recommend getting a bulkhead harness from Caspers. it is very inexpensive and they wil put whatever wires you want in. An added benefit , is the wires will be the correct colors.
Here's a pinout guide me and a friend put together
Connector Pinout Diagrams
I usually use the following wires:

G4 & B5- Fusible links
E4- Starter Solenoid Wire
A4- Alternator
A7- Tach input
F4, D4, & H4 are goos wires to include. These will allow you to have fused power under the hood.

Add A6 OilPressure and D5 Coolant temp, if you are using the stock wires to feed aftermarket guages (i.e. GNX Dash)