External Wastegates

smallv6

Still in Block Learn Mode
Who makes the best External Wastegate that would be a direct bolt on to my ATR Downpipe (Replacing ATR External Gate)
Also where could I get one.
Thanks

I looked into the HKS waste gates as replacements, but they will not bolt directly up. I will check into the Innovative gates and see if they are direct ATR replacements. If you are interested, Email me and I will get a price on the Innovative stuff for ya. ERIC.

I have been using and selling the Turbonetics, racegate and delta gate. They work great and offer the best bang for the buck. The deltagate is rated to 400hp, the racegate is rated to 1000hp. You willneed an upgrade on the DP if you need a racegate.
hope that helps,

I used a Deltagate on my previous Buick. I never ever had a problem with boost. It was always perfectly stable.
Also, I had it mounted on the crossover pipe. Talk about loud at wide open throttle!:eek:

Ross

Originally posted by ross87t
I had it mounted on the crossover pipe. Talk about loud at wide open throttle!:eek:

Ross

That's where mine is mounted. It does tend to cause some heads to turn. ;)

Originally posted by Nashty
That's where mine is mounted. It does tend to cause some heads to turn. ;)

LOL! People used to ask me "what the hell was that sound".

Does anyone dump the exhaust to the atmosphere? I'm debating on whether I need to run it back to the dp or not? How loud is it ? Is it louder than driving around with the cutout open.

Originally posted by trading t/a
Does anyone dump the exhaust to the atmosphere?
Yes.

I'm debating on whether I need to run it back to the dp or not?
For the various Heads Up classes at the GS Nationals, it is a requirement.

How loud is it ? Is it louder than driving around with the cutout open.
Mostly the same, however, Deltagates on the crossover that are vented to atmosphere are what are generally known to give you the "chainsaw on acid" sound. ;)

If you are ony venting one side of the engine(1,3,5) wouldn't that cause a problem and still let 2,4, and 6 still spin the turbine? What are the shortcomings of a setup like that. I have the the provision on the turbine housing to mount the gate but wondered if the exhaust gases venting into the engine bay would burn stuff up.

GT II

Originally posted by Taffy

That wastegate will not fit without making huge changes.

****(The installation of a GT-II requires only the installation of either a 50 or 60mm flange.)****
========================================

The GT is the same size as the GT-II.

****(The GTII is physically smaller and lighter than the GT. The GT-II comes in 2 flange sizes, 50 & 60mm.)****
========================================

They are made for 400-1000+ HP.

****(Sounds about right!)****

HTH :)

GT-II

The HKS GT II wastegate is the second generation of the high-performance HKS wastegates.

Available in 50mm and 60mm, its new more compact design continues to offer the V-Band inlet and outlet flanges for high capacity exhaust flow for exceptional boost management.

New GT II wastegate features-----------------------------------

* Reduced Weight and Size:

2/3 the weight (1509 grams compared to 2246 grams) and much smaller in height and width than the original GT Wastegate.

* Performance and Function: Identical exhaust flow volume rating, 60mm stainless steel valve and V-band inlet flange as the original GT Wastegate.

* Durability and Construction: Stainless Steel lower housing and Purple anodized aluminum upper housing.* Flexibility and Versatility: Now available as one part number, The GT II 60mm is adjustable from 0.6 to 2.1 kg/cm2 and the GT II 50mm is adjustable from 0.8 to 2.0 kg/cm2.

Each kit comes with with (2) additional springs (2 built-in), to offer (4) different spring settings. Also included are the special tool and upper case design for easy spring changes.
=====================================

HTH :)