External DP with Deltagate?

T Spool

Does anybody make a 3" stainless down pipe with external Deltagate flanges? (Besides the old ATR's)

In my opinion if you want an external wastegate, you should consider installing it in the cross-over pipe to reduce some of the exhaust flow in the restrictive passenger side header. Then the down pipe can be ANY of the ones out there. Just install a block-off plate for the WG hole.

In my opinion if you want an external wastegate, you should consider installing it in the cross-over pipe to reduce some of the exhaust flow in the restrictive passenger side header. Then the down pipe can be ANY of the ones out there. Just install a block-off plate for the WG hole.

got a pic of what that should look like? does it matter where??? etc etc ;)

Here's how I did mine. I have a cross-over with a Delta-Gate flange welded on it of you need one. I went with the 48MM Pro-Gate for "up ward mobility". The Delta gate I have needed a valve seat re-machine, so I removed it and used another cross over for the new 'Gate. IF you leave the gate open to atmosphere it gets kinda loud at WOT. That's why I ran the stainless tubing to the "test" pipe.

Attachments

• Pro-Gate with plumbing.JPG
    Pro-Gate with plumbing.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 2in. to 1.625in. to1.5in..JPG
    2in. to 1.625in. to1.5in..JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 111
  • wastegate pass. view.JPG
    wastegate pass. view.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 114
  • wastegate flex-joint.JPG
    wastegate flex-joint.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 109
My deltagate is also mounted on the cross over pipe. I have the pipe just going to the atmosphere because i had to hack it off since it was in the way of taking the trans out.

Havent had any complaints yet about it. Is pretty loud when letting off.

-Adam

Thanks guys!:smile: I try to make things as nice as I can. Budget gets in the way alot of the time, but I do what I can. As soon as my shoulder heals up (surgery for the 7th time) I can install the roll cage, nitrous system, rear suspension upgrades, and then hit the track for some good low 10 second runs with a "bunch of crap I had laying around my shop". :biggrin: (Geno came up with that one!:D ) Here's pics of the rest of the engine:

Attachments

• new downpipe 037.jpg
    new downpipe 037.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 93
  • new downpipe 029.jpg
    new downpipe 029.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 93
  • brake system 011.jpg
    brake system 011.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 84