Extender Chip and fuel pressure

Brian Collins

This winter I installed a trans+ and extender chip. With the chip in the car will start up and the die after about 3 seconds. The car does not have this problem with the stock chip.

I think the problem is fuel pressure. The instructions say to set fuel pressure at 45psi and I don't have an adjustable regulator, yet.

Just curious, why do I need to turn up the fuel pressure to use this chip and is this likely the problem? Thanks.

Your chip may have anti-theft installed. If there is a 1 before last character
then thats problem > xxxxxx1x .

Then get a FPR.Keep stock chip etc in car and do the basics first. There is a sort of sequence to making these cars perform.The fuel system should be first.It was just barely able to keep up in stock form.Next week youll be on here asking for a good engine builder in your area.Use your head and dont ruin the car.

Brian Collins said:
This winter I installed a trans+ and extender chip. With the chip in the car will start up and the die after about 3 seconds. The car does not have this problem with the stock chip.

I think the problem is fuel pressure. The instructions say to set fuel pressure at 45psi and I don't have an adjustable regulator, yet.

Just curious, why do I need to turn up the fuel pressure to use this chip and is this likely the problem? Thanks.

Fuel pressure is not your problem. Two different chips will not act that differently at the same pressure.

As was stated, your problem is that the anti theft feature is active. You need to learn the steps to disengage the feature.

And don't bother asking here, this is a public forum and in no place for public dissemination of that info. You'll have to get it privately, or from wherever you purchased the chip.

I didn't think that the car would start at all with anti-theft. I also though I turned it off when I was going through the adjustable options. Apparently I was wrong ;) .
If the options such as WOT spoolup fuel, DFCO, anti-theft are stored as BLM's then what happens to these when the battery is disconected? Is there a small battery to save these values or are they lost?
As for the Anti-theft, I'll go give it a try when the snow slows down a bit. I've got the instructions in the glove box. Hopefully the thief isn't smart enough to look for instructions. Heck, I wasn't :eek: