Experimental Timing on my M.Effort...

KEVINS

As some of you may have read I had Steve reprogram my ME 16pos for some different timing with my stock turbo combo. He has never used this type of timing before so I was the first to try it. Well, I went for a quick blast last night..
It was 1:00 am and the temp was 80+* and MUGGY! The weather was just plain ICKY.. I still have the factory exhaust hooked up and running 110oct and 23psi of boost..
What an INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE!! <insert a few choice words here!!!>

It spools a TON faster!!! That thing is a COMPLETE ANIMAL!!!!!:D I can't believe the difference. If I go 30mph and stomp on it the darn thing SHREDS the rear tires over 200 feet and just HAULS!!! Scared the snot out of me!! It also didn't seem to "nose over" on the topend like I thought it use to but I didn't get much of a chance to try it in high gear. The SOB just kept spinning and pulling until I let out of it about 60 in second gear. This is still with the factory exhaust in place!!!!! WHAT A RUSH!!! I sure hope the track results next month prove that I'm not dreaming!!!! It feels like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR!!!!! I even stomped on it from a 20mph roll in 2nd gear just to see how fast it came up on boost and it hit max boost in less than 2seconds again just shredding the tires forever. This is for RACE MODE only and can not be used for the street because of teh timing.. If anybody is interested they should talk to Steve for the finer details about what he did to my chip because I don’t know what he wants to give away…

I hope somebody else tries it to see if it makes the same difference..

Thanks Steve for letting me try this idea!!!
ks
:cool:

Is that the only change u made from your sig? keep us posted.

Yep.. I made no other changes.. When the temps cool off a bit more I'll go do some more "preliminary" testing around the block.. The real tests will be at the track though...

ks:cool:

FYI.....

Small update....

I did some parking lot tests...

Here's what I did. Power braked the car to 2000 rpm with no boost, then I stomped on it. On TW position 5 (old timing) the car rolled for about 30+ feet before the tires just started to spin. I did it 3 times to verify the results and all three times it went about 30+ feet. Then on TW position D (new timing) it only rolled about 2-4 feet before the tires just started to spin.. Again I did it 3 times and all the results were the same. I am going to do some more testing on Thursday to monitor how fast it builds boost.

KS:cool: