exhaust?

powerwagon05

I am needing to replace my stock exhaust on my all stock 87 gn. I saw a really cool system at rjc the 4" single stainless, my question is would that be over kill and hurt my cars performance or? . I intend to over the years to come upgrade the cars performance chip,injectors,fuel pump etc. Nothing to radical. Just wondering cuz that exhaust looks really cool. Thanks for your advice in advance. David

I'm not sure if I could get use to 1 single tailpipe but that is a very cool setup.

Pypes SGG50R is what I'm going with. I've heard the single pipe systems are LOUD.

Ry
I am needing to replace my stock exhaust on my all stock 87 gn. I saw a really cool system at rjc the 4" single stainless, my question is would that be over kill and hurt my cars performance or? . I intend to over the years to come upgrade the cars performance chip,injectors,fuel pump etc. Nothing to radical. Just wondering cuz that exhaust looks really cool. Thanks for your advice in advance. David

I most concerned about how the car will run with that big exhaust on it?

Really just intrested to know if my car will run good being all stock right now with that 4" system from rjc or is it overkill? And make it run bad!

Really just intrested to know if my car will run good being all stock right now with that 4" system from rjc or is it overkill? And make it run bad!

Any turbocharged engine, stock or modified, needs the most freeflowing exhaust system possible. What I mean is, turbocharged engines hate backpressure.

If you want the system & can afford it.... by all means buy it & install it. Your car won't run bad. I personally would install a larger downpipe also to go with the larger tailpipe.

Furthermore... a single 4" exhaust flows more than a dual 3" exhaust. Just a fun little fact.:cool:

Any turbocharged engine, stock or modified, needs the most freeflowing exhaust system possible. What I mean is, turbocharged engines hate backpressure.

If you want the system & can afford it.... by all means buy it & install it. Your car won't run bad. I personally would install a larger downpipe also to go with the larger tailpipe.

Furthermore... a single 4" exhaust flows more than a dual 3" exhaust. Just a fun little fact.:cool:

thank you ! that is the info i was looking for !