exhaust thru the breathers

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
I am having issues with this car and hopefully someone can enlighten me. I just got back from south west asia and went to crank up the car for the first time. Well, my car was smoking from the breathers on the valve covers. Before I left I was having a problem with oil saturating the breathers. I pulled off the valve cover and cranked it up again to see if one of the valves were stuck or one of the valve seals went out. They were all fine. The smoke was coming out of the holes were the push rods go thru the head. Before I left, I thought the oil problem might of been a head gasket. I had a compression test done and was fine. You can tell its exhaust from the smell. It smells like fuel. The motor is new ( new to me) everything was fresh and it has maybe 3k miles on it. Another question. Is there a chance that an adjustable pushrod loosen itself? Meaning where you adjust the backlash on them can they come loose? Can anyone lead me in the right direction here? Thanks for any info on this:confused: :confused:

its eather blow by from a warn engine but a compression test should have spotted broken rings or such. or you need a new pcv valve.

Do you have an inline check valve for the PCV ? Maybe stuck closed. I found mine like that and just eliminated it. Previous owner had it on.

HTH

Ok, this is what I found out. I have a check valve on the car and it was stuck. I think I unstuck it. But I found one more thing. The spark plug on the #1 cylinder was loose. I havent checked for anymore loose since the car is hot as hell at this moment. Im gonna replace all the plugs then work from there. Thanks guys.

We took the motor apart and here is the problem. #1 cylinder took out the head gasket. #5 piston burned out. Now problem number 2. TRW discontinued .040 forged pistons. So, its either sleeve the cylinders to standard or another block. Needless to say, i havent had too much luck with this car. Thanks for everyone who responded. :eek:

They aren't worth sleeving. Go to a junkyard and get another, or get one from the classifieds here. My buddy gets them from the 'yard for around $100 all the time, sometimes less. Sorry about your ride, good luck.