Exhaust system feedback please

Justa6MB

My 2.5" Hooker exhaust system disintegrated on me. The piece that bolts in right behind the dump pipe to the mufflers is rotten. It's ok as it was about 8 years old so for a cheap system it lasted ok. However I want to get a stainless system and have been looking at 2. The 3" single to dual cross flow from RJC that has 1 muffler in the stock location and dual pipes. And the 3" SS cat back from GN1. Please give me some feedback if you have these systems, or if you have another system feel free to pitch it in.
Thanks

Have the GN-1 on the wifes car. Beautiful looking and sounds good too. Installed it in the garage.

I have the RJC crossflow. Quality is nice but I had to cut off and reweld all the brackets to get it to fit correctly. It works like a single shot out the driver's side most of the time, but diverts some into the passenger side at certain rpm to help reduce drone. I had a dual 2.5 ATR before and this sounds similar, maybe just a touch deeper.

DSC02282_zps456b4354.jpg

DSC02286_zps4197a9cf.jpg

IMG_20130427_093526_202_zpse845da22.jpg

I have the GN1 system on both my cars....no drone, looks great, sounds awesome. Also, I have back to back pl files that show only a .2 psi gain (yes thats a .2) with the dump open vs the dump closed with this exhaust.....so there's no question about how well it flows.

I've heard the GN1 system on Jay Js wifes car, it sounds GREAT! I know some of the GN1 stuff like downpipes have tons of fitment issues, but the exhaust seems to fit without complaint. It's on my list of things for my car after I get the brakes worked out.

Pypes Race Pro. Picked up and average of 7hp over the stock system with a set of Flowmasters welded in.

Would you believe I still have an old Torque-Tech 3'' on mine since 1996 w/Walker Super Dynomax muffs,been great,but it's time for new muffs,they rotted out on the bottoms.Gonna do that this coming year,along with a timing chain,LOL.

Any difference in sound/performance going to the Pypes Race Pro vs Hookers?

I priced the Pypes at Jegs for $338 with free shipping.

We sell the GN1 system and have had it on our GN for years now, still looks like new. I highly recommend installing it with the optional band clamps we sell, easier to install it as you can make adjustments as you go and can always disassemble it without damage if needed. Once you tighten up traditional clamps you are stuck with where you have positioned everything.

Any difference in sound/performance going to the Pypes Race Pro vs Hookers?.................

After using the Hooker systems for many years, they are now made in China and do NOT fit well at all.

Pypes Race Pro is hard to beat as I have installed 4 of them in the past couple months, and another one on the way! :)

After using the Hooker systems for many years, they are now made in China and do NOT fit well at all.

Pypes Race Pro is hard to beat as I have installed 4 of them in the past couple months, and another one on the way! :)

I might be switching to Pypes then Nick. I still have the Hookers on there from when I purchased the car from Richard Algiene.

The Pypes is a bend for bend copy of the Hooker system, just in 409 stainless, and with a choice of mufflers.

I have had the Pypes race pro exhaust on the car a few years. With it being stainless it still looks like the day I installed it. The sound isn't loud at an idle but it does have some drone at highway speeds. I would describe the idle sound as a low rumble. Since I have three young kids I have learned how to use my selective hearing to block it out. I recommend the Pypes system with the race pro mufflers.

Here's my GN1 3" setup. Lou Czarnota did the work.

Attachments

• 3 INCH EXHUAST 5.jpg
    3 INCH EXHUAST 5.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 3 INCH EXHAUST 3.jpg
    3 INCH EXHAUST 3.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 3 INCH EXHUAST 4.jpg
    3 INCH EXHUAST 4.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 331