Exhaust suggestions. Power. Sound.

87witttops

Hey guys. Finally ready to change exhaust. Any suggestion as to which is best for power gains as well as to get that growling sound. Appreciate any input. Full exhaust or cat back.

well full exhaust if your meaning down pipe headers and back is really up to how much power you wanna make and how deep your pockets are. A good set of headers and a good down pipe is not cheap. Plus you can go really far with stock headers well into the low 10's before you need to upgrade for power reasons.

If you are looking for some sound with a solid power increase I would suggest a 3" dp along with a 3" test pipe (if you can get away without running a cat...if not a high flow cat) and a good dual setup with your choice of muffs. TR Custom parts has a nice SS setup....or I am sure you could find a good used one. Lots of guys will chime in on what mufflers they like best. All this is fairly easy on the pocket and you will gain power and lots of sound.

I personally run ATR SS headers 3" dp and test pipe dual cat back with dynomax straight through race bullets....the car sounds bad ass!

I really like my Pypes cat back system with Racepro mufflers.. Straight thru design flows well and has a distinctive sound

Available again! http://buickgn.com/CatBack.htm

cat_back4.jpg

Thanks for some input. I've been long time fox body mustang so I'm used to automatically doing long tubes to offload h to flow masters.