exhaust question

tim sewald

I have heard that flowmasters are not a good choice for turbo cars. What is a good choice for mufflers for hot airs? I'm talking single to the cat then duels out the back.

thanks Tim

The atr pit bulls seem nice, i have those on my 2.5" atr ss dual system. i had a 3" dynomax ultra flow on my 83 280zx turbo and that also sounded really good.

you want a straight thru muffler so you don't have any baffle, twists or turns like a chambered muffler like flowmaster has.

What about the Aerochamber mufflers in the Hooker cat back exhaust kit? Don't these mufflers have chambers/baffles? If so, then why are they recomended/favored so much? How are they any different than using the flowmaster muffler? They seem to me to be of the same design concept. Also, I did have the Flowmaster cat back exhaust kit on my WE4 regal and it sounded great and i noticed no lack of power whatsoever.

Flowmasters are bad. Pit bulls are very popular but expensive. I have two 3" straight through magnaflows and 2 3/4 dual cat back and am very happy with them. My cat back flows about as good as with the dump open and sounds good too.

I installed Hooker cat-back and love them. Sound great under pressure and just a little mellow on the road.