exhaust question

tim sewald

I have heard that flowmasters are not a good choice for turbo cars. What is a good choice for mufflers for hot airs? I'm talking single to the cat then duels out the back.

thanks Tim

i put the Flowmaster kit on my regal last summer, and the car actually feels faster and more responsive than when it had only the stock pipes up to where the original muffler was. i had taken the stock muffler out because it was totally blown apart and drove it like that for 3 months before scraping up the $$$ for the Flowmaster kit.
as usual, the Flowmaster kit fit really nice and it sounds pretty good- maybe a bit too quiet, but then again, with no muffler it wasn't exactly very loud, either.

Take your time and talk to alot of people. I have an 85 GN and replaced the headers with Poston(no need to replace driver side unless it leaks), Hooker Hi flow exhaust with no CAT. Huge improvemint. This works very well until you decide to go crazy with larger turbos an fuel pressure. If that is your goal, consider a larger downpipe. Brad

I agree with Brad and the hooker system. I too bought the hooker catback 2.5" exhaust system and I noticed a huge inprovement. I got an extra 3 psi boost from bolting it on. ATR makes a good exhaust system as well for turbo regals, however if you change your downpipe as well as the exhaust, you will see a huge improvement in the performance of your engine:p

I have heard Hooker, Borla and Dynomax are all good choices...If you got some $$$, just get the ATR set-up and be done with it!!!!

John