Exhaust question for you guys...

fly89gta

I have the 3'' SLP cat-back on my car right now. I'm planning on doing the turbo 3.8 swap this spring, are any of u guys running a SLP cat-back with a turbo 3.8? how does it sound??

thanks!!!

Hello,most of us guys are running around with the stock stuff.Plenty of 11 sec cars using the stock muffler

I have heard complaints bout the flowmaster stuff on our cars and read good reviews about the dynomax mufflers.But personally havent read or heard the slp ex thing.

J.

i've personally heard a blowmaster :cough: excuse me, flowmaster muffler on a TTA, damn that thing sounded horrible..

sorry, I think that sounds horrible, I have a stock exhaust with an ATR PitBull muffler that sound WAY BETTER, that flowmaster sounded like detonation from hell, that is the only way I can describe it.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
sorry, I think that sounds horrible, I have a stock exhaust with an ATR PitBull muffler that sound WAY BETTER, that flowmaster sounded like detonation from hell, that is the only way I can describe it.

:rolleyes:

i have a 4inch mufflex exhaust on my car with a borla xr1 race muffler sounds and flows great

george

Tony, That exhaust will be fine. Besides a turbo motor runs best with open exhaust .:D
Drive around through the exhaust, when you need it open it up.
Steve K.

My SLP 3" cat back "single dual" system works well, and sounds pretty good compared to several others I have seen and heard. This is the same system used on the six speed Pontiac Motor Division TTA car that was built to run at the salt flats. Good enough for them --- Good enough for me. Turbota
P.S. This thing also FITS THE ORIGINAL HANGERS !!!!! Unlike most of the stuff on the market...

What about the Hooker cat back system? Other than a few complaints about the hangers, it seems to be a pretty good buy for the cost. Yea, it's not SS, but for $275 you get 3" mandrel bent aluminized tubing with a pretty high flowing muffler as well. Personally I like the fact it exits like stock. I'll prolly have the muffler shop cut and re-weld my OE tips on it for that OE look. I'll also paint it with SS spray paint and allow it to cure for a day or two before the install. Beings that the car NEVER sees any salt or rain, the painted mild steel should hold up.

Can someone post a part number to this exhaust system? I need to buy a cat-back to mate up with a THDP and that one sounds like the ticket to me. (don't ask, previous owner welded the whole exhaust together, PITA hack job)

"My SLP 3" cat back "single dual" system works well, and sounds pretty good compared to several others I have seen and heard. This is the same system used on the six speed Pontiac Motor Division TTA car that was built to run at the salt flats. Good enough for them --- Good enough for me. Turbota"