Exhaust opinions?

T-Keith

A supercharged T-type?
I'm planning my exhaust, which will hopefully come this spring.

I'm trying to decide between 3" and 2.5" mandrel bent of course. I'm also trying to find a relatively quiet muffler, maybe just a little louder than a stock GTP.

The car is an 87 Lesabre T-type with a 97 L67. I plan on a smaller pulley and a cam in the future, but I want to get the exhaust squared away since it sucks right now.

I have a magnaflow currently, but the drone is getting to me for a a daily driver, I just ordered a borla , I know they don't flow as well as my magnaflow, but the drone should drop dramatically.

Where are you in MN?

98GSMN

So no one here thinks I should go 3". I hate to get it all done and have to replace it again. On the other hand 2.5" would be alot cheaper.

If your not worried about drone or loud exhaust I'd go for the 3", but if you want it quiet i'd go with the 2.5" I also have a resonator inline with the cat back piping to quiet it down. As far as mufflers the maganflow, dynomax ultra flow, are the better flowing mufflers that I know of, flowmasters don't flow that well from what I hear, and borla's are the quietest from what I hear also. I'm having a borla installed this weekend on my car, so we'll see how much the drone has dropped.

If your interested I have an 89 Lesabre with F- body (camaro/firebird exhaust setup, I'm not sure what size pipe it is. I believe it is 2 1/4" , If you are interested just post or email me. If you have stock exhaust on your car we could just swape them.

Eric

I have dual outlets on my current muffler. I thought about going to the F-body type(outlets on both sides), but I might stick with my current style(dual outlets on right side only).

After all the suggestions I think I'll go with a 3" downpipe and 2.5 all the way back with a Dynomax Superturbo. That way I can upgrade to 3" all the way in the future without changing the downpipe again.

thanks for all the help guys. :D