Exhaust and ground questions

nitrousmike175

I'm fixing to buy and ATR exhaust system. My question is since i'm going to buy the best i want to make sure i get the right size is the 3" system necessary are should i just get the 2.5". I don't mind spending the extra cash if it really will help. Second question, can i make one large cable ground wire to go from the engine to the frame and take the place of the other wires.
THANKS MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike:

Not sure about the ground wire issue, but the only added benefits of the 3" system as compared with the 2.5 (I have the ATR SS 2.5 with pitbulls, and I went through the same thought process as you) are:

1. Deeper sound - much louder than the 2.5. My tuning guru has the 3", and his car has a much deeper sound than mine, and I even run without a cat).

2. Slightly cooler look? This is subjective.

However, the 3" weighs more. PLus, with the 2.5 ss system and pitbulls, it's basically an open exhaust already, so going to the 3" won't give you any improvement in that area.

I'd save the $, and go with a nice 2.5" system. I happen to think that the 3" is a little large on these cars.

Rich