Ever Seen These Door Pull Strap Replacements Before?

buickrob

Anybody ever seen these pull strap replacements before? Saw this pic on a car for sale on ebay and would love to get them but haven't been able to find them anywhere. If you know where to get them please let me know:biggrin:

db48_4.JPG

I didn't see them but if you find them post up!! I want some of those. I HATE having to tell passengers not to pull on the strap.

Ha, yeah I got sick of that too:biggrin: I'm putting new upper door panels on and was actually going to leave the pull straps off. If I can find these I'll put them on, otherwise they will be left off completely.

Seems a lot of us have problems with the straps on drivers, can't believe they didn't sell.

Cool stuff though!

i believe gbody parts has some new aluminum ones, but they are pricey

The gbody ones are cool and I have no problem with the price considering what the plastic GM ones cost. The only thing is they reuse the pull strap and I really liked the look of the "BUICK" on the pic above in place of the strap.

Pull Straps

I Have A Fix For The Pull Strap Problem.. The 82-86 Full Size Blazers Had Pull Straps But They Used J Nuts With Threaded Torx Type Bolts(had Lock Tight On Edges) I Removed The Upper Trim Panels,covered The Glass Up, Cut A Small,square Type Box(hole) About A Quarter Of An Inch From The Bolt Hole,installed The J-nut And They Tighten Up Nice.. No Worry Of Bolts Getting Loose Now.. I Did A Few Friends Cars The Same Way, They Were Happy With Results..

I used aircraft type riveted on nuts. Work great.

Previous owner had an aftermarket security device installed - what a piece of junk, I had to remove it and repair all the damage done during the aftermarket "non mechanic" shoddy work.

I used aircraft type riveted on nuts. Work great.

QUOTE]

my neighbor used a small square file to open the old up to a square and used license plate inserts and screws.

cheap and easy.

Bob

Im deleting my whole chrome strip as well and going with custom lettering under tweed. Should be pretty sweet.

I have a set of those.. well something similar.

I bought them years ago.. They are black, engraved boarder and instead of the Buick logo in the middle they have the turbo 6 emblem.

I never used them.. they have been sitting since I got them.

I would sell them.. PM me if interested.

Rick