Et Update

If you can find them again, would you mind posting a link Fred. It may not be the most recent but it should help some. Thanks

Trust me. Getting anything out of Aj but minor info is like pulling teeth. Until he's done you aint getting anything.:redface:

oh my goodness charlie... i spit beer all over the place.

yes it is true.... im not much for showing off my primered junk. i have alot of confidence issues.... what if you all laughed at my work? id be crushed....:frown: want details... ask GNeric, he is building the trans and rear axle.

plus... after that 10.99 slip is in my hand I plan on doing a nice thread in the General section to lay some smack down at the SFI guys.... its more fun to me that way.

:eek:A.j.

yes it is true.... im not much for showing off my primered junk. i have alot of confidence issues.... what if you all laughed at my work? id be crushed.... want details... ask GNeric, he is building the trans and rear axle.

i dont think anyone will laugh at you. we all want to see the motor and what you have done.

Trust me Matt. It took a lot of bugging to get him to send me pics. They look good to me but he want's it perfect and won't show it to anyone unless he really trusts them. There are a few members on here that I've exchanged full contact info with because I'm the same way. Aj's one of them. We send stuff back and forth all the time. I've got to get out tomorow and ship him the plenum he needs so he'll have it when he needs it. Still wish he'd taken a pic when I sent him the Pontiac SD book. The email was hillarious after he got it though.:biggrin:

Trust me Matt. It took a lot of bugging to get him to send me pics. They look good to me but he want's it perfect and won't show it to anyone unless he really trusts them. There are a few members on here that I've exchanged full contact info with because I'm the same way. Aj's one of them. We send stuff back and forth all the time. I've got to get out tomorow and ship him the plenum he needs so he'll have it when he needs it. Still wish he'd taken a pic when I sent him the Pontiac SD book. The email was hillarious after he got it though.

i understand but i think his work will be nice. i am not going to tell anyone there stuff looks bad. i think it just cool that he has a car that can run in the 11's on this setup. i hope he will show pics soon because i really want to see this; i really want to run that fast.

Boy, it's been a while since I read that. Thanks for posting it but I think Fred had more than one recipe. He'll probibly tell us tomorow.

Yea, That is an old post.

OK, here is what I remember.

Holly 780, vacuum secondary, stop on the secondary so it only opens half way (Car always “bucked” when I gave it over ~ 650 CFM.

MSD 6BTM with Moroso Plasma pulse coil & ultra 40 wires. Moroso Billet dist. With Moroso Hall effect pickup.

Autolite 25 plugs @ .030”

C16 fuel

Turbo was made by the Late John Myers (Pro stock bike driver), It is a T3 /T4 hybrid ~22# off boost

Beefed up TH350 tranny with a 3000 stall converter, 3.42 gears Posi 8.5” rear, 28” X10” slicks.

Cylinder head ported and polished, Comp 206 cam, Block .030 over TRW forged pistons, Balanced.

Air box into hood scoop, box made off set to fit over Carb.

Moroso 3 vane Vacuum pump.

I had a homemade progressive alky injection (analog setup) after the turbo, but never really got that part tuned in.

Jim, Did they ever locate your GN ?
Nope Fred, it's gone. I do have the front rims, airdam, stock IC and acouple of other parts still. I'll use some on the 83. I guess I will try to put it back together later in the summer.

Can you give us any more info on the turbo Fred. AR on the intake or exhaust? Maybe the wheel size?

I do not remember , But Rich has then turbo , Maybe he measured things before he installed it.

Nope Fred, it's gone. I do have the front rims, airdam, stock IC and acouple of other parts still. I'll use some on the 83. I guess I will try to put it back together later in the summer.

Did you have Insurance on it ?

Did you have Insurance on it ?

My soon to be X-wife canceled my full coverage insurance before I came home. I didn't catch the change with all the other things she did.
Yes, the car is a complete loss, but I have my children and that is really the only thing that matters. :D

Well I offered before Jim so you know if you need anything just send me a note.

I hope Rich did do some measurements on the turbo, if for no other reason than to contribute to the knowledge.

I do know this; it was the biggest center section he could fit in to the stock housing.