*ESP Products/ ESP Performance*

Status
Not open for further replies.

street6

pushing stock limits
Just wanted to make everyone aware of my experience so far with

ESP Products/ ESP Performance (John Perri)
2203 N. Charlotte St.
Pottstown PA., 19464
610-970-8944

Wanted to have a few items looked over on my 87 GN so I decided to take my car to the above shop. Called the shop a few days prior to dropping my car off and spoke with John via telephone. On 102810 I dropped my gn off with John at his shop to have a few items checked over (valve seals, valve springs, etc.). Since dropping the car off almost 3 weeks ago I have not heard anything back since...not one call from John or his shop. I've been calling the shop a few times every week since dropping off my car, and have left several messages which have not been returned. One of the times I called the shop John answered the phone, however he told me he was on the other line and would call me right back after confirming my telephone number. You guessed....no call back! I don't know what kind of business he is running but his customer service so far in my opinion is REDICULOUS:mad:

I understand a shop can be busy but it has been almost 3 weeks since I dropped my car off. At first I was thinking maybe John or someone in his family had a medical emergency, but it was just last week that John answered the shop phone and informed me he would be calling me right back because he was on the other line with a customer.

A few days prior to dropping my car off I had viewed ESP's website and it was up and running. Then a few days later I get this.......

"This domain has temporarily been disabled"
"To restore the domain, contact your Customer Support"

Is anyone CURRENTLY dealing with ESP?....and if so, what's your experience thus far? This is getting frustrating:mad:

I go get my car also...If they dont respond to your call or have someone that does... Well their`s your sign...Something`s not right

I would go get my car also...If they dont respond to your call or have someone that does... Well their`s your sign...Something`s not right
and then give pauly aka pacecarta a call. He`s not that much further from you

ESP is worthless in my opinion. That shop should be wiped off the face of the Earth. We've had far too many problems with them.

Go get your car and take it to someone that actually cares.

I go get my car also...If they dont respond to your call or have someone that does... Well their`s your sign...Something`s not right

X2, ESP really sucks. I've had dealings with them and would not go back anymore.

P.S. What part of Bucks county?

Thanks for the input guys. I will keep this thread updated with my findings since there were other Buick GN customers (cars) there when I dropped off mine.

Today (111610) I called the shop again. The first 3 times I got no answer and I did not even bother with leaving a message since my last 10 messages were not returned. On the 4th call someone actually answered the shop phone. I asked to speak with John, but was advised that John was away from the shop today. So I spoke with Tony (who I believe is John's brother). Tony advised me that John should be in the shop tomorrow and to call back tomorrow morning to speak with him. I expressed to Tony my concerns with the lack of customer service and contact. Tony was pleasant on the phone, and listened but told me they are busy with customers in thier shop so they dont get around to calling back all customers. I understand this but if a business wants to remain busy and have potential customers a business needs to show some care. My car has been there almost three weeks and I have not gotten even one call......unacceptable IMO.

So, I will be calling ESP tomorrow morning with hopes of speaking with John, and plan on picking up my car on Thursday (111810).

Got a call from John last night. After talking about my car for 30 minutes I explained my concerns regarding the poor customer communication. I will not get into details, but John advised me he recently was dealing with a family medical issue.

My car will be back home shortly.

i don't get you guys

drop of a car at a shop with no time line as to when you will get your car back or when work will begin on your cars then wait 3 weeks:eek:

up front communication is key in car owners and shop owners happiness.
When i call my mechanic.
i have Xyz problem, When can you start work on the car?
if the answer is today - then my next question is what time today can i drop it of.
if the answer is next week - then my next questions are what day and time can i drop it of next week?
i don't like my car sitting around anywhere but in my possession. I do what ever i have to do to drop the car of the day work will begin on my car. Not always possible a day before OK but a WEEK before work is to begin never going to happen.
When dropping of the car
How much SHOULD it cost? answer ABOUT XYZ then i'll say If its going to be $100.00 OVER that amount CALL ME FIRST BEFORE YOU CONTINUE work.
next
How long should it take to do the job? "3 days" - If i don't get a call before or on the 3rd day, I show up with with money ready to get my car. If i get a BS story at that time i'll consider paying for what ever was done to that point and taking it as is FINISHED OR NOT. If i get a legit reason i'll ask when and at what time should i pick it up.

But you guys are fcking nuts playing this phone BS and waiting weeks before moving on your cars.

BTW If my car does end up at the shop for more then one day i'll make it my personal business to drop of some coffee and donuts for the guys.:wink:

Heck the last time i dropped of my car in the morning the mechanic said it would be ready that same evening. i showed up at lunch time with soda and pie of pizza took a quick glance at my car and left right away.

i don't get you guys

drop of a car at a shop with no time line as to when you will get your car back or when work will begin on your cars then wait 3 weeks:eek:

up front communication is key in car owners and shop owners happiness.
When i call my mechanic.
i have Xyz problem, When can you start work on the car?
if the answer is today - then my next question is what time today can i drop it of.
if the answer is next week - then my next questions are what day and time can i drop it of next week?
i don't like my car sitting around anywhere but in my possession. I do what ever i have to do to drop the car of the day work will begin on my car. Not always possible a day before OK but a WEEK before work is to begin never going to happen.
When dropping of the car
How much SHOULD it cost? answer ABOUT XYZ then i'll say If its going to be $100.00 OVER that amount CALL ME FIRST BEFORE YOU CONTINUE work.
next
How long should it take to do the job? "3 days" - If i don't get a call before or on the 3rd day, I show up with with money ready to get my car. If i get a BS story at that time i'll consider paying for what ever was done to that point and taking it as is FINISHED OR NOT. If i get a legit reason i'll ask when and at what time should i pick it up.

But you guys are fcking nuts playing this phone BS and waiting weeks before moving on your cars.

BTW If my car does end up at the shop for more then one day i'll make it my personal business to drop of some coffee and donuts for the guys.:wink:

Heck the last time i dropped of my car in the morning the mechanic said it would be ready that same evening. i showed up at lunch time with soda and pie of pizza took a quick glance at my car and left right away.

I understand your point however.....

1. I was dropping off the car to have a few things checked over that may or may not have needed to be replaced (valve seals, valve springs. etc.) so I understand a mechanic not being able to give me a "ready by date" up front before actually looking at the condition of the parts.

2. The shop is located about 1.5 hours from my home so being able to "drop in" the shop day to day was not exactly an option since I work shift work.

I'm not upset with the time frame of how long my car has been at the shop, I was more so concerned with the communication issues I was experiencing. All I wanted was a call to let me know of the progress, or hell...even a call to let me know that they were a little behind schedule. The fact that I had to initiate all the calling, and that they did not even return my messages is what got me upset. Well...now I know.

Called John on the morning of 112310 and was advised the parts were still not in (new valve springs and push rods). John told me he would call his parts guy and find out what the hold up was. Later in the day I got a call from John and he advised me the parts should be arriving at his shop by noon on 112410. I told John I would be coming in to pick up my car on 112410 no matter what....parts or no parts. On 112410 I arrived at ESP at 2pm. John was away from the shop however Tony was working on my car and advised me the parts were delivered at noon. Tony worked on my car as I waited and my car was finished by 5pm.

Finally my car is home. It took a month but I had ESP go over my heads b/c I wanted the valve springs checked (which were replaced), valve seals checked (were all good), and a compression check completed (all good).

I really hope they get straigntened out with their lack of customer communication. Needless to say...it was a frustrating process.

ESP=great guys

I'm honestly shocked. I could write a novel about how much john and tony helped me out with my car(s). The man let me keep my buicks in his lot for free during my semester of school. Stayed on the phone w/me for hours explaining how to convert the hot wire kit on my carbed regal to F.I. When ever i have something crazy i cant figure out he looks out for me. If my cash is low he will explain the labor for me so i can do it and not have to pay, I recced a friend w/ a turbo T/a over there & he was estatic w/ the service provided as well. I can speak for the next man but John & tony always have a friend in this guy!!

I'm honestly shocked. I could write a novel about how much john and tony helped me out with my car(s). The man let me keep my buicks in his lot for free during my semester of school. Stayed on the phone w/me for hours explaining how to convert the hot wire kit on my carbed regal to F.I. When ever i have something crazy i cant figure out he looks out for me. If my cash is low he will explain the labor for me so i can do it and not have to pay, I recced a friend w/ a turbo T/a over there & he was estatic w/ the service provided as well. I can speak for the next man but John & tony always have a friend in this guy!!

For some reason this smells a little. Send a not to Shane to do some checking. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry but if I'm right then.:biggrin:

Do a search, he has put the .... in many people on this board. He intentionally tried to use multiple usernames to deceive us....

Status
Not open for further replies.