Erratic powerlogger

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
KOEO or KOER, either way I get the same type of display. When CONNECTED and on any of the display screens the readings are very erratic, PLC gauges for example jump around from say High low high low real quick like.
Heres what I've done to try and clear it up, removed PL board and cleaned the contact area on the ECM several times using, Goo gone, Goof off, Scotch brite pad, sand paper, knife, pocket screw driver everything in an attempt to clean it properly while also inspecting the contact pins for damage. I've also double checked all engine grounds at the back of the passenger head, front of passenger block where negative cable goes, I also ran dedicated grounds from the battery to the ECM D1. D6. D10. A12 (if I listed those correctly) all in an attempt to fix this.....any ideas guys...I tried to load a vid but was unable to get it to play....

Saw your video on FB. What chip are you running and what do you have connected to the analog inputs?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Since you've already re-cleaned the connector, etc, it's possible the Powerlogger board has a problem. I would get with your vender to get it checked out.
Eric

The video shows the gauge page with the TPS jumping between 0 and about 0.5 volts, and the O2 volt is jumping between 0 and 0.45 volts, and the Spark jumping between 0 and the max value on the gauge. Can you record a log and post it. Maybe someone can see something on it. Maybe a dead spot on the TPS?

David

Im using a TT Alky chip and logging AFR and Boost with the I/O connector, i'll see if i can get a log posted, thanks for the help.

Eric, I was thinking of needing to send it in as well as a last result

Maybe try pulling the wires out of the analog block and see if any of those make the erratic readings go away.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Assuming that there are no issues with the ECM, or the connections, then sounds like an issue with the PL.

Bob

Assuming that there are no issues with the ECM, or the connections, then sounds like an issue with the PL.

Bob
Thank you for chiming in, a friend is loaning me his ECM/Powerlogger to test in my car thay way I can check both.

Bob
I tried my friends PL and everything worked as it should.

Bob, i went ahead and sent you my PL borad it should be to you tomorrow via USPS, thanks for all the Help