ER Brake Light Constant On

#1HotRod

Some time ago when releasing the ER brake, the pedal seemed to come up further than normal with a thunk, & brake light stayed on. Pushed pedal back down, pulled release handle & with foot I controlled the pedal's upward motion & as it came up I saw that the brake light went out, but came back on when the pedal reached max up (off) limit. So, did that again & stopped pedal just before full up position; at that position the e-brake was off (car rolled effortlessly) & light stayed off, so all is well...kind of. Back home I noticed what appeared to be a small rubber stopper with a broken portion lying on floor under e-pedal. Can't really tell, but looks like it supposed to fit/keep part of e-brake lever from slamming against a fixed portion, serving as a small bumper to keep it from "clunking". But can't really tell if that's where the found part fits, or how. Not a problem until recently. The brakes & e-brake work fine, but that darn brake light stays on all the time regardless of e-brake setting. I don't see one, but there must be some kind of pin switch in/near the assembly that is sticking, or something. Any experience with this, how to fix the light problem?
Sorry, the long story is an attempt to give a clear picture...Thanks.

Humm...no one ?
I see elsewhere someone's Powermaster brake fuse is inop & brake light stays on. My Powermaster seems fine (replaced about 6 yrs ago), brakes work well; could my constant-on brake light be due to PM brake fuse also? I don't remember any such fuse, where is it & can just replace fuse like normal?

If your brakes are still working, your P/M fuse is Ok
With your description above, your light is due to the parking brake pedal and that bumper