Epoxy for garage floor input needed.

Definitely not Behr is my father has used it on a plain concrete floor with no harsh environment and it peeled. I used the Rustoleum from Home Depot and still like it after 4 years. I didn't do the clear shiny coat, but I bet it would even hold up better. I can't say I've spilled alcohol on it, but I regularly use brake clean and have spilled acetone on it a few times without issue. I say do what's in your budget, but stay way from Behr.

Ok so here's my input
Unless you have it done professionally the Home Depot style dyi kits are not going to hold up
My garage was coated with the home depot stuff as per the box instructions. Years later failed and peeled
I did plenty of research on what to do
I did what I always wanted which is porcelain tile
No issues, jacking a car up on it etc easy clean up and sexy
If I considered concrete as a option I would of polished it and added some color
Hope that helps

What's interesting is that when I bought my kit that guy I was talking about pulled me to the side and told me that if I follow the directions on the box that it will fail. He told me that the citric acid that comes with it is not strong enough to etch the concrete, but mutiatic (pool) acid does the trick well. He also told me that if I don't use baking soda to neutralize the acid afterwards that it will peel off. Seemed like solid advice and I took it. Seriously not even a single bubble 10 years later.

I've done multiple floors using several brand. Rustoleum and u coat it are best for occasional shop use. The product for griots garage worked well. ATF would stain it. The last it I use epoxy was at work. We use sherwin Williams. 5000 square ft warehouse and it has held up great. It will scratch when you drag a plate compactor or jumping jack across it. But no lifting or peeling. The 5000 square ft shop has lifted with driving a metal track excavator over it or when a bucket is dropped a little to hard on it. This will not stain ATF ,brake fluid.etc.it stands up well. It's been down for a year and a half. I used sum left over to recoat my floor at home and works better than the griots garage I used originally. If I started for scratch with a fresh floor I would use the sherwin Williams or use Porcelain tile. The tile has more color options and looks a lot better overall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk