Engine Wire Harness

quazzy81

Can anyone give me any tips on how to remove the wire harness from the engine compartment with the engine still in the car and heater box? I am not sure if I have to remove the heater box to get the one loom out or if there is an easier way. I am also stuck on the d.s. fenderwall, how can I disconnect the harness from the firewall? Any help will do, thanks guys

Brendan

Main wire harness

I cannot answer the part about leaving the engine in because when I replaced mine I pulled the engine for other reasons I also pulled the passenger side fender off.
However the driver's side bulkhead connector is tough. I did not remove the fender just the WW motor and used two short wobble extensions (I think) with a socket to get the bolt loose then struggled with the tar to pull it back. I can't remember if the headlight harness part comes off first or second you can figure that out easily enough just looking at it. On mine the speedo cable was in my way most of the time so maybe you might want to split it first, there is a coupling in that area.
HTH a little.
Peter