Engine Tie Down Strap

russgoodman

Just took this off the car. Complete tie down strap includes eyelet, washers, nuts, and strap. Went with a HR motor mount so I wont need this anymore. Originally got this from Kirbans probably a year or so ago. Not many miles on it. $25 shipped, paypal preferred, I dont charge extra for using paypal. Thanks!

Attachments

• PA080001.JPG
    PA080001.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 212
I'll take this if it is still available. Please PM me your paypal information.

Thanks

sale pending. tried to send pm, let me know if it didnt go through...wife on comp so im doing this on my phone.

hello russgoodman; You say you put on HR motor mounts. Your motor should still shift so why not have both. Are the mounts on and what do you think of them?
IBBY

hello russgoodman; You say you put on HR motor mounts. Your motor should still shift so why not have both. Are the mounts on and what do you think of them?
IBBY

The strap is not needed with the HR motor mounts, in fact the instructions say do NOT use a strap with them. With the HR motor mounts, the engine does not shift any. I only bought and put the drivers side on because my car is not real real fast. The mounts are great and work as advertised, my motor does not shift at all. I would recommend them if you can afford them.

hi russ; you know it seems like most of the stuff for these cars are "if you can afford them" theme. WTF can't vendors know what's happening?
Do you think the vendors are making money on us or what!!!
IBBY

hey russ; Are those mounts the same on either side? If so let me know and maybe I'll take the other one as I have a mostly stock car also.
thanks man
IBBY

hi russ; you know it seems like most of the stuff for these cars are "if you can afford them" theme. WTF can't vendors know what's happening?
Do you think the vendors are making money on us or what!!!
IBBY

I'm the type that will pay a little extra up front for qood quality. I'm sure Paul has put alot of $$$ into research and production costs of these mounts. I paid like $130 or so for one mount, but I think it was definitely worth it.

I would have saved $45 or so in the long run if I would have bought the motor mount originally instead of buying this tie-down strap first. Many guys have learned the hard way and have cracked numerous alternators using a tie down strap on like 9 sec cars (one guy cracked 3 I think). At that point $130 for a good quality motor mount ain't bad.

hey russ; Are those mounts the same on either side? If so let me know and maybe I'll take the other one as I have a mostly stock car also.
thanks man
IBBY

The mounts are different on each side. I just bought the drivers side. It is the main one needed. If your car isn't super quick I would just get the drivers side mount. Jason at RJC just released some engine brackets that are a little cheaper, but I really don't know anything else about them. Take a look at the videos to see how much the engine moves around with the stock motor mounts. Its crazy!

RMB