Engine swap

Hmm heres what you do go buy a pickup truck a lil s10 or ranger for cheap to get you around and it will haul parts that you will be buying to fix up your regal..if you are gonna keep it 3.8 research and then redo it from top to bottom...If you want instant gratification then do like i did my na car i built mine but in your case fine a good running small block chevy 350 stick a nice cam in it with some good valvesprings and a new timing chain.. Locate the proper clamshells for a monte ss as a matter of fact when at the parts store get everything for a monte ss and it will all bolt right in..Everything needed to run that engine is in the harness on the driver side of the car...you will need another transmission and you have to shorten the driveshaft slightly...I personally would keep it 3.8 turbo but if your skills and wallet are up to the task a 350 would be more your speed and would be better that you not gettin the car goin at all IMO...Good luck whichever route you choose..

Well it looks like I'm gonna get another beeter as well. A Honda Prelude, mid 90's, and for $400. This will allow me to rebuild the trany in my current beater and then sell it for a profit. Not pretty and it needs an alternator but it's cheap enough that I can fix it and have it as a spare for now.

Well it looks like I'm gonna get another beeter as well. A Honda Prelude, mid 90's, and for $400. This will allow me to rebuild the trany in my current beater and then sell it for a profit. Not pretty and it needs an alternator but it's cheap enough that I can fix it and have it as a spare for now.

wow, your the next F&F lol:wink: what happened to the lesabre? and HOW did you get a mid 90's prelude for 400:eek:

wow, your the next F&F lol:wink: what happened to the lesabre? and HOW did you get a mid 90's prelude for 400:eek:

The LeSabre will sit until I get a few other things out of the way.:biggrin: One of the locals is trying to sell it with a bad alternator and isn't very bright. He just want's some cash so he can get some dope or something else. He's got the title and it's clear so I'll be looking at it on Saturday to see if it's worth it or not.

Nice you picked up "or are goingto" pick up a lude. Hope it's got an H22vtec.

I get to look at it Saturday when I get off to see if it's gonna be worth it or not. It aint pretty but my beater needs to go down so I can repair it.

A pretty beater is Rare Charlie lol. I do like Honda's They are VERY easy to work on IF ever need be. plus as soon as I got mine it made my insurance cheap, so it was already well worth it for that lol.

I not gonna swap engines....Yet

Im not going to swap engines yet. The biggest problem I have is that I dont have a place to work, let alone the proper tools (not enough of them) and this engine in particular I WILL admit it is pretty complicated. The other engines I have worked on are simple v8s or I-6's. My friend and I are gonna get some money together and give the car a full tune up: spark plugs gapped, plug wires, Distributor pickup, heater core, window motor, figure out why my oil is completly dirty after abouot 100 miles, maybe look at the heads, transmission filter change, kickdown cable, diff oil, flush radiator, timing, hoses, ect. If the car is running right after that I may do a few performance mods on the motor.

if nothing else Ill see about this 3.8 na BOORING 2bbl v6.

see if some one will lend you some tools. i would not waste my money on a tune up. what you need is a rebuild; if the motor is as bad as you say. i will have to look for a motor for you. i will post it if i find one. btw the motor is not that hard to pull.

see if some one will lend you some tools. i would not waste my money on a tune up. what you need is a rebuild; if the motor is as bad as you say. i will have to look for a motor for you. i will post it if i find one. btw the motor is not that hard to pull.

you know... I really just need a car that works right now, and this car is putting my family back, im thinking about trading it.... I dont want to but I just need a car that works right now... :(:( Ill keep you guys informed.

Im not going to swap engines yet. The biggest problem I have is that I dont have a place to work, let alone the proper tools (not enough of them) and this engine in particular I WILL admit it is pretty complicated. The other engines I have worked on are simple v8s or I-6's. My friend and I are gonna get some money together and give the car a full tune up: spark plugs gapped, plug wires, Distributor pickup, heater core, window motor, figure out why my oil is completly dirty after abouot 100 miles, maybe look at the heads, transmission filter change, kickdown cable, diff oil, flush radiator, timing, hoses, ect. If the car is running right after that I may do a few performance mods on the motor.

if nothing else Ill see about this 3.8 na BOORING 2bbl v6.

Man it's a too bad this didn't happen to you later in the year...I would sold you mine for cheap for sure (except for the parts that War Wagon and Charlie asked for) But you already would have those

you know... I really just need a car that works right now, and this car is putting my family back, im thinking about trading it.... I dont want to but I just need a car that works right now... Ill keep you guys informed.
ok
just keep this in your mind you can allways sell parts off it if things dont work out and buy a beater. if i was you i would try and keep it and have someone help you pull and rebuild the motor. thats just me