Engine Swap Question, 307 to 350

Khanine

I Have A 86 Buick Regal 307

What ModificationsIf Any Would I Have To Make
if I Swap My 307 For A 350?

HELP!:confused: :confused: :frown:

motor mounts, AC condenser, most of the accessories, exhauste manifolds, transmission (if not a universal bell like the TH200-4R), radiator hoses, potentially the wiring for the starter, engine wiring harness potentially, if Olds distributors are in the front, then the harness for that since a Chevy is in the back. All of it would be junkyard stuff from a Monte Carlo, El Camino, or Cabellero, though make sure its 84-88 and it would only be a 305 SBC.

if you swap in a 350 Olds, it is a direct swap. did it on my brother's 87 Regal back in 2001. got a good running Olds 350 out of a 72 Cutlass 4 door andbolted it in using an HEI distributor and q-jet carb off a late 70's Cutlass with a 260. we could have kept the computer controlled carb and distributor, but decided to get rid of the ecm and all associated wiring.
all told, the swap cost $400 (to buy the motor, carb, and distributor) and took a weekend.
if you are going to a Chev 350, then you need to proper mounts and front accessories. the exhaust will need to be changed. pretty much everything that bolts to the motor will need to be changed, but all the accessories and distributor are in about the same place, so things plug right in and hook right up with minimal fuss.

I did this swap last year. One cool trick is to use the serp belt setup off an late 80's early 90's Camaro TPI SBC. It actually puts the a/c comp in the same location as it is for the 307.
100_0765Large.jpg

I used a set of cheap Hooker headers and the Summit 2.5" duals for the exhaust. Sounded pretty good! You do have to notch the transmission x-member on the drivers side for duals.
All in all, it was an easy swap. The wiring was the most difficult, but not too bad. The starter and battery are on opposite sides.