engine removal

cowboydan

so i'm looking around the engine bay looking for the best place to stick a good bolt for the engine hoist chain. the problem i forsee is that my hooks are too large to go between the firewall and the engine. so where would one safely strap the chain? i usually sling the chain kitty-corner but the driverside does not have the room for a bolt in the back of the head. thanks

I put bolts into the intake through the 90* angle brackets in the sling.

Bryan

There is a slot on the rear of the block driver side. Looks like it was intended for a hook. I've never used it though. I use a flat lift hook bolted to back of the head.

There is a open boss on the drivers side at the back of the block if you have a big enough ID hook. Or use intake bolts, or use a cargo strap under the intake manifold. All work well.

lmao...... i'm the designated moron! guess i should have taken off the air cleaner. onto the next question. if removing the tranny with engine, should i still get the converter bolts? i'm not a fan of working under an engine suspended by a hoist. i'm fresh out of jack stands, so raising the car is out for now, and i don't quite fit under the car unless it's raised. i think i'm gonna trade my gazzillion CT money and pick up a set of cheapies. anyway, the engine will be out before lunch today.
it looks like the guy that put this na engine in the car didn't cut any plugs or wires and that takes a real load off my mind. off to drain the rad hope the wd40 helps, she is pretty yucky