Engine Parts

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Built a new engine & some of my extra engine stuff is up for sale; buyer ships / local sale
-Ported Irons with Comp 980's $ 500
-Ported stock exhaust manifolds (welded flanges) like to sell with the heads $ 100
-Front Cover , pump impellers (stock) and filter adapter $ 100
-Stock rocker shaft asm with new buttons and push rods $ 50
-Stock valve covers $ 35

Pics to follow shortly,thanks for looking

Sorry about the lack of photos at present. I was called away on business but should be at home later today. My controls will be up for sale as well.

Could you send me some pictures of the heads? Nothing wrong with them that you know of? Any more information would be greatly appreciated. claytonleland@bellsouth.net for pics. I'll respond fairly promtly thanks.

Clay
I'll get pics for you. The heads may have been decked about 1993 (when they were ported). I took them off my engine to port not because they lifted. I ran them with 84-85 steel shim head gaskets 0.019" thickness.The cast guides were cut out and replaced with bronze manganese guides. The exhaust valves were back cut (per the Buick Power Source manual) and the valve stems were very lightly trimmed in the lift zone to increase flow through the bowl. I installed Comp 980's about 300 miles ago. I would like to sell the exhaust manifolds with the heads since the manifolds were matched to the ported heads. The heads have a slightly "D" shaped exhaust port to help exhaust port velocity. The manifold flanges were shaped & welded to match the exhaust ports. The exhaust manifolds were cut open and the runner to log "winking" was ground out to improve flow. The doors were cut on the bottom where its not obvious. The welding was done professionally. It's not butchered! Let me know.

214.JPG 213.JPG 206.JPG 207.JPG 217.JPG 211.JPG

would've sworn you said the engine builder had sold the heads...
No the heads are still for sale. No problems that I'm aware of. They look much better now than in the pic since I cleaned them up. In 1997 these heads went 118 mph with a Te34. They have been on the car since.

I got confused because after my initial post I had a member never contact me about some heads and I thought it was you. Are these stock heads that have been ported or champion heads? Sorry for the confusion

These heads are stockers which were professionally ported. Champion irons are stockers which are ported at Champion.