Engine Oil and Transmission Oil coolers

JimP

I have a Cotton's front mount and was wondering how anyone else with a front mount inter-cooler has installed their oil and trans coolers. If anyone has any pics or ideas please post.

Thank You!

My trans cooler fit perfectly between my front mount and radiator. Hard to see but I can try to get a picture.

Here's my trans cooler..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1404679548605.jpg
    1404679548605.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 1404679565673.jpg
    1404679565673.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 160
That is perfect. Any chance you have a part number or even just the dimensions would help.

I had the ALRADCO radiator in my GN with the front mount. When I went from the F body rad to the ALRADCO, I just used both internal coolers, got rid of my externals and it worked great. Clean setup, less places to worry about leaks. (if that's possible with a Buick!?) I do like that setup with the electric fan, good choice for location too.

EBay I think it was like 140$ it has a temp sender and sup. to kick on at 170 if I remember right. Is a 16 row double cooler. It came with some cheap mounts on the fan so I made my own. Little stronger. Is like 11by13 . It came with all kind of fittings and -6 an male also witch is what I used. I'm not going to run an oil cooler also. Thanks

Ok thanks keep them coming, I have an Aladdin 4 core aluminum rad, so far I am leaning towards mounting the trans cooler on the "x" braces I have installed between the engine cradle and the lower rad support, I may move the oil cooler up between the condenser the front mount. Trying to clean up this rats nest of hoses that wasn't done by me.

Mine is where the slic scoop use to be ,B&M supercooler mounted parallel between the 2 front spoilers (lines through the rad also). i did away with the oil cooling altogether .