Engine labors from start of boost up to 6psi

Yeah, I knew they needed to correspond. I thought it would at least crank and idle lol.

So will a TT chip fix the idle, and make it act more like a modern efi car?

I owe everyone that said exhaust leak an apology. I found a copper turbo gasket a GN guy gave me a few years ago. I put a nice thin bead of copper permatex on both sides and let it cure up some, then yanked the turbo back off and put the gasket on and let it cure up a little more. I never would've though it would make THAT much difference. My SBC does not seem to care that much.

I owe everyone that said exhaust leak an apology. I found a copper turbo gasket a GN guy gave me a few years ago. I put a nice thin bead of copper permatex on both sides and let it cure up some, then yanked the turbo back off and put the gasket on and let it cure up a little more. I never would've though it would make THAT much difference. My SBC does not seem to care that much.
Any exhaust leak pre-turbo will affect spool.

Yes, i was aware that it would. It didn't FEEL like that was the problem though. I need to get used to this EFI. I have been using a blow thru carb for so long, its hard to adjust.