engine knocking

ApullinV6

We'll, drove car to work yesterday and ended up racing a co-worker that has a 6 speed vette that supposedly has had some work done to it and he had been talking all this trash for some time. He even mentioned was I getting groceries yesterday since i had driven the grocery getter.

I told him he didn't know what he was getting himself in to and he just wouldn't stop. So...after work we went and finished the conversation in front of about 10 other coworkers. It was over before we ever started, we went from a 25-30 roll and then from a creeping roll as per what he wanted to do because he was worried about spinning. Needless to say, it looked like he was tied up to a tree or something. He couldn't believe that a little v6 just walked right away from him and today was nice. He didn't say hardly anything, other than he had gone to the grocery store with his grocery getter and had picked up my milk and bread for me and that my car was a sleeper:D

:( Now for the sad part, when I was heading home, my car started knocking. This was about 6-8 miles away from where we had raced and I was speeding up to speed limit after a car had pulled off in front of me. I noticed the knocking when accelerating. Knock is deep, not up in the head or anything. I've been told that it sounds like a rod bearing or eiter crank is broken???

I cranked it up tonight and it knocked as soon as I cranked it up and then quit. When you give it alittle gas it would knock. Yesterday it was continuously knocking. Oil cold, I guess not allowing it to knock as bad as when oil is hot. Plan on pulling the pan tomorrow night to see what's up..

I have had cranks go so far out that they could not be saved and the oil light did not come on and the engine was not knocking. If it were not for a mechanical gauge all seemed fine: So Stop Driving or even running the engine until you learn what you probably already know.

Time for a stroker kit.

Deep knocks aren't good; pull the pan. The run home from the race was probably enough to damage a rod, if not the crank.

I see a stroker kit or 4.1 in your future.....

BTW- good kill!

#3 rod bearing shot but crank looks good considering. pulling engine out tomorrow.

Stroker...........stroker............stroker...... ......

I here you....need the cash flow... I just need to decide on what I'm going to do and for how long I want the car to be down.

how much of a difference would it make if I stroked it?

If you keep the stock stuff, it's a sure bet that you've ovaled the big end of the rod, and possibly damaged that journal. Make sure your machine shop is familiar with these engines....

I know, just trying to get set... first, I need to decide what in the h--- I;m going to do. Got to keep up with those boys on the other side of the river you know:D