Engine cutting out around 4100 rpm. Need help

at7we2, I'm sorry you've had car trouble this long. I may end up getting a powerlogger also. Thanks for the suggestion. This problem isn't intermitten, more consistint on how you run the throttle, and stumbles every time it is put into a load.

Alaskabuick, the cup is fine, leg not broken. Sensor is clamped to engine yet, sensor not loose, cup won't turn (with fingers) when sensor in engine. I started on the cam sensor making sure it's not 180* off, will finish today.
Thanks

corsair231, I haven't switched out the TPS yet, I will after I'm finished with the cam sensor. I didn't "mat" the pedal, throttled fast, but not all the way down (maybe 3/4), bring the pedal to about the same point when I rev it to 5000rpm, when it doesn't stumble. I will watch the voltage closer when I run it again.
Thanks

Thanks again everyone.

I thought I had the problem licked, cam sensor was 180* off. Set it right, car still has issue.

Switched TPS with a known good one, no change. Voltage increases with throttle, 3000rpm .95 volts.

Chip from TT has not showed up yet. What is the normal lead time on on of these? Ordered mine Monday. probably show up late next week, don't think it will solve my problem.

Anyone live near south-central MN?
Getting another set of experienced eyes and ears on this might help.
Strange problem

Any other sugestions?

This is Strange...

:smile: After the last post, I went back out noticed the BLMs around 115 at idle. Moved FP from 43# to 40# no real change in blms, went to 37# BLMs went 121, couldn't get pressure down anymore. Reved up the engine, no stumbling!! Couldn't get it to stumble! Took it down the road, WOT it, a little stumble, did it again, no stumble, boost around 14 blms around 128. Was getting knock, big jumps to 13(didn't hear any pinging) brought it back home, overjoyed. Not going to do anything else until the chip shows up, then tune....

Sadly I don't have a clear conclusion, the problem may come back. This is the first WOT run without stumble I've able to do since early June.

Maybe I had something in the fuel line, I don't know.

Thanks everyone for the help, I'll post any results good or bad.:)

This may sound dum but did you try it without your airfilter. I had a problem where my car would die a 4500 rpms consistantly. I had a k&n filter and made the mistake of cleaning it with compressed air. The filter was clean so i spent some time chasing it. Ran it without filter and it pulled right past 5500. Put a new K&N on and problem went away. Just a stupid thing that burned me.

no, I didn't try with out the air filter. That was a strange. These cars can be so goofy. Who would have thought it was your clean air filter?