Engine Cranks But Does Not Start

detroitbadboy

Got Any Suggestions????? Just Driving Along The Other Night
And Veh Just Quit Now It Cranks Like Mad But Does Not Start????

Possible timing chain

If it cranks over real fast and sounds like no compression, it's the chain.

Start with the basics. (Fuel, spark, timing) Any SES codes? Fuel pump coming on? Check for pressure at the rail. Injectors firing? Too much fuel? Pull a wire and hold close to a ground. Got spark? Start simple. Fuses, relays, bad wiring. Haven't found the problem yet, check it all again to be sure. Most likely it is something easily found but easily overlooked. Don't ask me how I know :smile:. Don't find it there pull the oil fill tube and look for rocker movement when cranking.

When you find what is missing come back with more info and we can probably get you closer.

Crank Sensor

I had the same issue. ck crank sensor. mine loosened up and was rubbing the harmonic balancer.

THANKS TO KJ GIVING ME THE BUICK WEBRING NO START DIAGNOSIS
TELLS YOU HOW TO TEST CAM SENSOR CRANK SENSOR OR BAD COIL PACK
GOING TO START SOMETIME SOON I WILL POST WHAT I FIND:confused: :confused:

Does the CEL turn on when you turn the key to the on position?

If not check the fusible link located near the battery. It is the pcm power. I've seen that a couple times.

Before you replace every part on the car,

Pull a spark plug and ground it out to see if it will show spark.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge off the rail?? If not Caspers Electronics has one you can get to see if your pump is still pumping.

Determined Bad Fuse Afetr Some Help From Great Friends!!!!but Now The Fuse Popped Again Any Suggestions,replaced Fuse Again As Soon As The Ignition Key Is Turned On Fuse Pops For The Ccci Fuse.
After Replacing This Fuse The Veh Ran For A While And Started Several Times Now It Just Keeps Popping And No Start????very Confused On This Seems Like A Short In The Power Wire Or Is It Something Internal In The Coil Pack????

sorry to here the fuse popped already i was hopeing it was just a fluke. but now the fun begins to find out why.:mad:

It's possible that one or few wires being pinched or shorting out. I understand that the motor was in and out few times and sometimes these things will happen. Check all the pink and black wires to make sure it's not pinched and grounding out any where. Maybe even try a different module.

HTH

Prasad

Thanks Wicked V6 For The Advice And Thanks Swoosh For The Help!!so After Work Today I Am Going To Check All Pink And Black Wires For A Short It Looks As If The Pink And Black Wire Going Into The Third Pin On The Coil Pack Is The Wire That Comes Out From The Fuse Labeled C3i That Keeps Popping So I Believe That To Be The Culprit Not Sure If That Should Have 12 Volt Key On Power And No Power When Off?? Any And All New Advise Is Greatly Appreciated

Thank You To Everone
Who Responded