Engine builder Wisconsin

kdbullet

Any Buick engine builders in WI or twin cities? Can take motor anywhere in state of WI? Or, is it worth crating out to RPE or ??? It is fully running and driving 1987 Buick Grand National. Two owner car purchased April 2012. Last owner purchased in 1992 and he thought nothing was done besides chip. So lots of updates needed. Would like a very strong street car, with new iron heads, camshaft and looking at extender chip with MAFT translator pro and no maf or map. Turbo suggestions? The combinations are mind boggling. Any feedback appreciated. Car has 100,ooo miles, so best to just pull motor and have whole block freshened? Thanks.

None that I can recall...not big names at least. Chicago area probably has a few more floating around. What are your goals with the car? I have seen many a fast street car with very little work done.

Old but tried and true combo that has had great success in a few of my cars: Te-44 turbo (some like to just stay stock but I like the te44), downpipe, exhaust, adjustable wastegate rod, new valve springs, alky kit, intake, injectors, chip.

If you go to RJC racing's site the combo many have run, including myself is one of their recipes. With that combo dialed in there wont be much you can't hang with on the streets...even with all the 500+ hp new cars running around.

premium fuel around here is at 91 octane. e-85 everywhere but concerns over actual ethanol mix ratio. Razors Alky also in consideration. So I don't have direct answer, just trying to get engine build direction then figure what type of add-on and management systems.

Im in WI and I have had my engine rebuilt.... About 6 months after I bought my car due to poor craftsmanship.

PM me if you would like some information on my build, I am in the Madison area.

im in the twin cities if you want to discuss a build or just have questions. I have done several and have all the equip to do it right.

Im in WI and I have had my engine rebuilt.... About 6 months after I bought my car due to poor craftsmanship.

PM me if you would like some information on my build, I am in the Madison area.

Is there many GN's in that area? My in-laws have a lake house on Lake Camelot in Nekoosa, near Wisconsin Rapids. We go straight through Madison on the way there.

What about CnS on 124th street or Ams on a Schlinger av both have done Buick motors and do good work I hear any local guys agree.