engine block

Crazyx4

I found a 3.8l 87'cutlass. Can't get to the number on the engine without pulling it out of the car but was wondering if it's worth checking on. Were the 3.8l blocks all the same in 87'. I know that the turbo blocks had the drain back hole but you can drill that in the block. I have everything for a .30 over 3.8 or a stock bore 4.1.

86 - 87 3.8 NA (carb) motors were 109s sam as the turbo , just drill the hole in the block face and tap for 1/2npt
pistons are ng for boosting , rods are same 2 dot as in the turbo motor ,
crank is same mains will have rolled fillet but rods wont have rolled fillet that the turbo crank had them rolled .. and the balance will be slightly different
flywheel is similar but slightly different on balance as well
heads will be same 8445 as turbo but wont have the stiffer valve springs
timing cover/waterpump is same but wont have the higher pressure bypass spring as the turbo motor had
balancer doesnt have the reluctor ring so cant use for SEFI
pan will be 20 bolt but wont be baffled like the turbo had

If it is a V-6 with a distributor in the front, it is a Buick, and a 109 block if it is also original to the 1987 Olds!

If it's a 87' it may have a turbo crank in it. I pulled three 1987 3.8 motors out of 87' Cutlass and all had turbo cranks.....rolled fillets on both the main and rod journals.

seems to be original and the distributor is in the front. Going back tomorrow.