End of Summer TR Barbeque - San Diego (El Cajon)

sd-slider

NOWUFFO
I wanted to see how many folks would be interested in attending the first annual TR Barbeque in San Diego sometime in September after Labor Day. :cool:

I have a decent sized lot, an underground BBQ pit, and plenty of yard and easement parking. I would provide the main course(TBD...most likely pit Beef BBQ) and basic utensils. I was thinking the rest could be "Pot Luck" style so we can partake of a variety of goodies.

Reply to this thread if you are interested and throw out any ideas to get this thing off to a good start.

Thanks.

Definite possibility....:D
The wife loves road trips...this has permission slip written all over it....:biggrin:

I'm down! I remember you were talking about this at Bates! I can throw in some cash or do a potluck...whichever works for you.

Eric, that sounds like a great idea, I know we talked about it on the phone and I was definitely interested. Looks like I may be "unavailable" most of the month though. :( Take lots of pics!

James

Eric, that sounds like a great idea, I know we talked about it on the phone and I was definitely interested. Looks like I may be "unavailable" most of the month though. :( Take lots of pics!

James

Let me know when you will be available and we can plan around that...:smile:

I'm down! I remember you were talking about this at Bates! I can throw in some cash or do a potluck...whichever works for you.

X2 I'll be gone most of the month in August, so September should be a go for me. I think a pot luck would be great too. Yum! One he'll of a great idea!

Well we have a date! :)

It looks like Sept 17th will be the first installment of the Annual San Diego TR End of Summer Barbeque.

Additional details forthcoming as the date draws closer.

Time to gather more firewood for the pit!

Attachments

• pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 424
Post up

what everyone can bring,
LIKE..............
CHIPS
SODA
DIP
TATER SALAD
BBQ BEANS

ETC
ETC

or is Eric providing EVERYTHING???:eek:

I can bring something and /or kick in some cash. Let me know.:)

Mike Barnard

I will post a link in a few weeks to an online "Picnic Basket" database I wrote a few years back that will allow everyone to post items and see what others are bringing to avoid having a "chip fest".

In the past, in addition to the pit beef and pork, I have also fired up the fryer and cooked up several batches of Mountain Oysters. :biggrin:

I'd be IN. I think I might even have my car done by then. Let me know what I can do to help.

Neal

TTT

Dang Eric,
Let's get this thing back on track. Last thing you talked about was some rocky mountain tea bagging, and the thread went cold :). Lets hear about how many cars your place can fit, List of who's planning on going, (put me on the list), and who want's to bring what. This will probably be the last big bash of the summer. Let's try and get a good turn out.

Mike Barnard